Whippets Not Keen Help

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I would also let the pup get to some ferreted rabbits in the net first. Not all dogs are world beaters from day one with prey drive through the roof. build her confidence with netted rabbits and progr

When did you start running her, if you have pushed her too hard (which is easy to do) you might have put her off, as 12 month is still young.

Where abouts are you mate? I've a young whippet that just had his 1st season and done well. If you're near me then you're more than welcome to bring her out and she can see another dog run. She's stil

ive got a pup the same mate Im just getting her used to food at the end of the lamp at the min so she knows at the end of the beam theres something there and retrieving she can still be a good dog just takes time and effort once they click then your away to go just don't over work it try and get it on short slips then work from there let me know how you get on

ive got a pup the same mate Im just getting her used to food at the end of the lamp at the min so she knows at the end of the beam theres something there and retrieving she can still be a good dog just takes time and effort once they click then your away to go just don't over work it try and get it on short slips then work from there let me know how you get on

i understand mate! thinking of just doing it with a dummy as read an article on it

What you did, would have not made the dog mark, given time, getting a young dog out with ferrets the penny will drop,

I don't do you your method and my Whippet was a good marker, and had a high prey drive.

no not [BANNED TEXT] i meant it got her to run every thing as if she could catch it the marking cover came from bushing with the older dog

witch she picked up real quick this was just an option for the lad. different ways and methods. why not try letting it see another dog run afew and hold it on till

it trying to pull your arm off then try on its own good luck with [BANNED TEXT] you decide. ATB :thumbs:

What you did, would have not made the dog mark, given time, getting a young dog out with ferrets the penny will drop,

I don't do you your method and my Whippet was a good marker, and had a high prey drive.

my whippet marks and ive not had her out with ferrets

Ross what i was applying, is that taking them out with the ferrets will help them learn to mark,

i didn't mean it was the one and only method, I get them out with the ferts at about 7 months, get them used to working with the ferts, using their nose, and watching them bolt,

also like them to be used to working the longnets. as you know

ferreting is not the the only method for taking rabbits, but to me ferreting and Whippets go together.

Edited by Country Joe

Ross what i was applying, is that taking them out with the ferrets will help them learn to mark,

i didn't mean it was the one and only method, I get them out with the ferts at about 7 months, get them used to working with the ferts, using their nose, and watching them bolt,

also like them to be used to working the longnets. as you know

ferreting is not the the only method for taking rabbits, but to me ferreting and Whippets go together.

oh sorry, misunderstood, yeh i do a bit of long-netting myself! and not had the chance too get her out with the ferrets yet but will come September