Have You Ever Come Across This

i was just out with my bullx my terrier and my 2 terrier pups just 2 fields from my house and my bullx took off after something so my terrier bitch was gone aswell and the fields are long so the pups could not keep up and startd heading back down the way we came as i got back to the top of the bank a fox was heading right towards my pups when it saw me it about turnd and took off and straight along a fence line am pritty sure it was heading towards the pups has anyone came across this before :thumbs:

could mistake em for a small snack but once it realizes i don't think a fox wouldn't take a pup, they're too timid. their sight isn't brilliant so it could have just been going in that direction anyway before it realized/sniffed what was ahead.

A mate , hes on here so he'll confirm this if he reads this thread went to visit a someone . He put the pup in the back garden as he put the kettle on he heard the pup scream . He ran into the garden just in time to see a fox making of with it , I think he said he shouted and ran at it and the fox dropped the pup and away . Mind you the pup was very young I think it was only 18 months old at the time ..nah lol only joking it was about 9 or 10 weeks old lol .

My digging partner for more years than I care to remember was called out this season to do the not nice task of cubbing.The dog went in sounded, stuck in the shovel straight away he was in,out popped the vixen and ran over and sat in the middle of the field,one cub popped out he stuck down the shovel to block the dog getting out,the cub just looked at him,he left in alone and the vixen walked over picked up the cub and took off.I have never seen this and I am digging a long time,what a lovely sight to witness.PS I have seen badgers(back in the day)come out and grab cubs and run back into the set with them.

The hunts man at a famous hunt told me off a hound bitch and pups playing with fox cubs In a exersise paddock

Me and a friend was out lamping one night doing a bit if pest control with the lurcher. The lurcher was an all round dog would fox, hare and rabbit regularly but this night we spores a fox called it in and let the dog go once in range when at that point 3 fox cubs came up behind the mother the lurcher just stood thier for a second and then started playing with the cubs the mother got out of the way. We stood thier gob smacked thinking the dog had given up on foxes but the next time out the dog took it with no troubles.

Never seen anything like that again since that was in 2004.

It's just the same in the dog world, and nothing to worry about, I've had the hardiest evil terrier that would never touch a fox cub, it's the same with dogs, I've only ever seen one nasty arse bitch of a gsh pointer that attacked an 8 week old dog pup, it grabbed it by the neck and meant business, very unusual either for a dog yto attack a dog or fox pup, it's just natures way.