Heard of one vet wanting to charge £28 for a prescription...

The medication my mate was told he needed from the vet was £30...he searched online and could get it for £8.00 but the vest was wanting £28 for a prescription...so to get it online was going to be £36...

What a f***ing racket...if you get your eyes tested at optician A you can ask for your prescription and buy glasses from optician B,C,D,E,F or whatever....

Prescription should be free with consultation and you should be able to shop wherever the f**k you want they should be far more competitive with their prices...it's a rip off and needs to be stamped out...robbing b*****ds...

• Like 1

no point getting a script for Milbemax - end up costing you more, you can only use the script once and most vets wont put on any more than what the dog needs,

how ever if your dog has seen the vet with in 6 months, then you should be able to go in and get the wormers without having to see the vet,

with mine i just take the dog in to weigh and ask at the desk.

no point getting a script for Milbemax - end up costing you more, you can only use the script once and most vets wont put on any more than what the dog needs,

how ever if your dog has seen the vet with in 6 months, then you should be able to go in and get the wormers without having to see the vet,

with mine i just take the dog in to weigh and ask at the desk.

Just bothered about the chance of him picking up Lung worms, as my flower beds in my garden appear to have a lot of snails, and the pup has been eating them.

anything else i can use, that does not need a prescription?

Drax has been the same, except he's been eating slugs - panacur does lungworm, it has to be done over a longer course though

also Granofen does lungworm, same again its a course the dog needs to take, Granofen is the one my vets give me for treating lungworm

for a 25kg dog it costs me about 11 quid for the full course.

http://www.viovet.co.uk/Non-Prescription_Medicines-Cats-Wormers-Granofen/c119_12_140_3832/category.html

For the control of lungworm Oslerus (Filaroides) osleri in dogs administer 1g Granofen Wormer for Dogs and Cats per 4.4kg (10lb) bodyweight daily for 7 consecutive days (50mg fenbendazole/kg bodyweight daily for 7 days).