tx versus 97 question is nearly as bad as the .22 vs .177 question :icon_eek:

basically mate, they are both as smooth to shoot and accurate as eachother.. BOTH could benefit from a tune tho, although after a few hundered pellets both should be running very smooth indeed, possibly moreso the TX ... the hw is a gamble on weather you get a 'good' one sent from the factory :icon_eek:

its just the looks of the guns that differ, tx has a nicer fishscale stock, with the option of walnut.. 97 is more bland in comparison.

the anti beartrap clicky thing would do my head in on a tx.. unless you keep it pressed in as you cock the gun.... more effort lol

so all these small different features will make you decide which you prefer.. try both if poss, see how they 'fit you' and whichever is comfiest you will inevitably shoot better , so is the rifle you should choose.

so to summarise,.. there different but the same.. and its down to personal preference. neither is BETTER than the other.

question answered...... :whistling:

im a HW 'fanboy' tho so the 97kt is the daddy :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

SKoT :victory:

• Like 2

As the other members have said, both are the very top of their tree with another 5 or 6 models in regards to what they can achieve.

Air Arms, Diana and Weihrauch in my opinion make at the moment the best springers.

You should try both your choices and see which you like better yourself. A well fitting rifle is going to be the one you get the best accuracy from.

Im a Weihrauch fan but would defo say the AA rifles shoot sweeter out the box and look much better than the HW models.

You could shoot a AA rifle your whole life long and it would be really accurate and fulfil your needs with you getting the best out of it.

You really need to make a few slight changes, fettle or get a HW tuned to be at the same level IMO.

Once a HW is tuned though for me its the smoother more consistent rifle.

The hard bit is getting the accuracy out of it with any recoiling rifle.

You can have the smoothest most consistent springer in the world but if you cant shoot and dont use the correct marksman ship principals a guy with a £36 springer will out shoot you simple as.

Si.

Edited by zini
  • Like 4

what is better aa tx200 or hw97k or kt

I asked a similar question a few months ago and ended up buying a .22 TX200HC. Since then I have also bought a .177 97kt and had it stage 2 tuned. I have stripped and polished the action of the TX and recently changed the barrel to a .177. Both rifles are now spot-on accurate and have a smooth firing cycle; they both outperform my personal shooting ability. Whichever one you go for you will have made the right choice.

Regards, Steve

• Like 1

I have both 97 tx200 its the only way to find out .I like my 97 a bit more .I dont like the position of the tx trigger .my 97 is 11.5 ftlbs my tx is 11ftlbs but my tx is still a bit stiff and new feeling .The tx feels and looks a bit better made than the 97.I like the round underside of the 97 s forend the tx is flat .but someone may like the trigger on a tx .they may like there gun shooting at 11 ftlbs and they may like a flat forend .

Andy, the HW97K is absolutely fantastic mate. Thank you so much for the magic you've woven into this superb rifle mate. Just wondering about putting the Bisley butt pad on it. But it is a superb shooting rifle Andy, no question.

Thanks pal. :thumbs:

Simon

Sorry for moving off-thread a tad here. ;)

• Like 3

Hw 97, tx200 are both good as each other but here,s another for you to try if you get the chance aa,pro sport in my opinion three of the best you can buy or own and iv been lucky to own them all at one time or the other atvbmac

• Like 3

tx versus 97 question is nearly as bad as the .22 vs .177 question :icon_eek:

basically mate, they are both as smooth to shoot and accurate as eachother.. BOTH could benefit from a tune tho, although after a few hundered pellets both should be running very smooth indeed, possibly moreso the TX ... the hw is a gamble on weather you get a 'good' one sent from the factory :icon_eek:

its just the looks of the guns that differ, tx has a nicer fishscale stock, with the option of walnut.. 97 is more bland in comparison.

the anti beartrap clicky thing would do my head in on a tx.. unless you keep it pressed in as you cock the gun.... more effort lol

so all these small different features will make you decide which you prefer.. try both if poss, see how they 'fit you' and whichever is comfiest you will inevitably shoot better , so is the rifle you should choose.

so to summarise,.. there different but the same.. and its down to personal preference. neither is BETTER than the other.

question answered...... :whistling:

im a HW 'fanboy' tho so the 97kt is the daddy :laugh::laugh::thumbs:

SKoT :victory:

BETTER<BETTER HOW DARE YOU USE THAT WORD ON ANOTHER POST ME AND YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE WORDS :tongue2: :tongue2: :tongue2::laugh: :laugh: :laugh: atvbmac

• Like 1

Andy, the HW97K is absolutely fantastic mate. Thank you so much for the magic you've woven into this superb rifle mate. Just wondering about putting the Bisley butt pad on it. But it is a superb shooting rifle Andy, no question.

Thanks pal. :thumbs:

Simon

Sorry for moving off-thread a tad here. ;)

Simon i had the bisley but pad on mine and it was mint once you have set it to where you want it it fits strait into your shoulder and the field of view is strait there i wud recommend it bud atvbmac

I've got the Bisley adjustable butt pad on both my 97s, my Spectre and now my HW80 Simon. It really transforms your head position into the perfect position. Well worth fitting mate.