Hgv Driver's

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think Millet is talking about the carnage they can cause rather than the condition of the HGV's nowadays. But to be honest i'd rather drive on the roads full of HGV's than drive with these pricks in

I don't envy owner drivers at all, that is one hard game......the rates have been screwed down to the bone and the expenses have just got bigger and bigger. Then they have those planks from VOSA alw

Wait till Tarquin reads that last statement..... His head will physically explode... Lol

Posted Images

Much money in class 2 night work?

Depends where you are mate. PM me if you prefer...

Cumbria :thumbs:

Probably get £8.50-£9.50 on a self employed basis. PAYE would be £7.50ish depending on contract. I reckon self employed/own Limited Company is the way forward, you save plenty of money in tax deductible expenses. If you can get the cash together a Class 1 licence will dramatically increase your earning potential.

Never worked in Cumbria, so give these guys a ring. http://www.dmldrivers.co.uk/

If you are prepared to move to the Midlands or South West, I know plenty of agencies screaming out for drivers. Class 1 gets the better pay, but it is an investment in the licence...

I already run a cleaning business mate.. so only looling for a bit of temp work to be honest.

Always wanted to do it..... would just like a month or 2 at it to say ive done it.

Used to drive the class 2 scaffold wagons and enjoyed that.

them bin lorry drivers are cxxnts blocking the street when theres space for them to pull in :censored: they think their doing you a favour empting your bin.must be the lazyist job out there.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Probably get £8.50-£9.50 on a self employed basis. PAYE would be £7.50ish depending on contract.

Fook that :icon_eek: ..a paper boy would get payed more than that.. :D

I was getting £13.50 per hour 5 yr ago and i thought that was shite..for the graft i was doing..so i fooked it of..and went awol so to speak..if i had to work for less than that in this day and age i would consider myself a retard.. :huh: :huh:

£13.50 doing what? That sounds a good wage to me. I dont find the driving too hard to be honest...a night security job where i could sit down and do my uni work would be better, but they are all minimum wage...hoping to get into fuel tankers soon. Apparently that is £15+

ADR and fuel work is around the £40k a year mark on good jobs but there rare and usually have to wait for people to die :(

Is that on a permanent contract? The agency I was talking so say on average their drivers invoice for £1k/week on a self employed basis...