Dog Or Bitch

What do you prefer ? Dog or Bitch, and why..

I have had both,and if i ever got another Lurcher, i would

get a bitch,I have two dogs one is 3 and a half,the younger

being 15 months, i just found in my bitches that they seemed more

loyal, easier to train, mature quicker.

my bitches also, i found, seemed more tuned.

I am not knocking Dogs, as i have two my self, but any future Lurcher,

then i would definately choose a bitch.

It depends on the dog, but nature dictates that a lot of male dogs are more likely to want to lead rather than follow. Providing the owner is firm and strong most dogs will happily obey, but many, not all, bitches, do seem more accepting of rules in the pack. I know that's a lot of generalising, and there are always exceptions to prove the rule, but I have found I needed to be firmer with dogs than bitches, overall. Work wise there's nowt to choose between them.

Bitch's being more loyal and easier to train are fallacies :yes:

I was not refering to everybody,s dogs or bitches, i was talking about

within my own.

I find its down to the individual dog not it being male or female.

bitches are the natural providers, dogs can be more interested in their libido,or territorial matters, bitches are only in season once a year, so for me unless theres a real big reason its bitches every time, but having said all that the best potfiller i've had and my once in a lifetime dog was a male

I'd go a bitch, main reason is in if they make the grade and you want to breed a replacement you can, but if you have a dog, I think it's hard to get a bitch that someone will be willing to let you put your dog over.

I do like a bitch more than a male dog cuz I just get along with them better but if you got a good male you wont have a hard time finding someone to breed to it. They will be beatin down your door wanting to breed to your dog. A good male dog dont have to go lookin for bitches to breed. They come to him.

• Like 1

I quite like "doggy" bitches ie. bitches with some doglike characteristics. Pushyness and dominance. I used to prefer bitches altogether but having had a couple of dogs that worked well over the years, I don't think it makes a whole lot of difference.

Coming in season can be a pain alright but so can pissing on everything. I had a dog that always tried to piss on kids jumpers (for goalposts) and my daughter has a whippet that loves to piss into the bottom tier of my ferret cages.