A Bit Different .. Random Pics From My Friends Garden

Nice pics Kay , been thinking about buying the sx 50 , because of its zoom capabilities , how do you find the sx 40

Judging bye your pics your doing well with it :thumbs:

I doubt I will pick up a dslr again . this camera for me is compact enough to stick in a handbag so I dont have to take a camera bag out with me ... no faffing with lens changes while I am out , theres enough quick find modes on it & 3 manual settings .. a few quirky ones like fish eye & a few others that i tend not to use

the zoom on this equates to 840mm optical zoom ... its more than enough for what I need & to be honest if I compare stuff I took on my other camera with a 250mm zoom theres very little difference in quality

This camera for me is a winner regarding the screen that comes out enabling me to get shots at floor level ... all in all for the kind of pics I take it meets all my needs & beond ... at the hobby level i am its perfect & I would reccomend this series of cameras....

As for rapid shooting... its quicker than my dslr .. but its only failing on that quick fire setting is the slight buffering .. it may well be my card isnt quite quick enough .. other than that most of the modes offer a choice of one shot ... rapid fire & rapid fire whilst focusng on the subject ...

For a small compact camera theres loads on it & imo worth the couple of hundred it cost :thumbs:

This is just an example of a pic I took using the rapid fire mode... i didnt think it was to bad a result for a point & shoot :laugh:

15517c10-c6fd-4abc-b3cd-5fcf6e13f949.jpg

41a037ff-9756-4dd8-ac68-3cc82c32264f.jpg

• Like 2

Ive been reading the reviews on this camera since I seen your pics that you have taken with it Kay and it seems to have rave reviews from everyone? I only have the old Canon DSLR's and like you say the lenses are a nuisance at times and to be honest I can't afford one of those L series lenses which would no doubt improve things lol...I think I may pack up the DSLR's and get myself one of these,I think it would suit all my needs for certain..thanks for putting your own wee review on ..Atb Andy

• Like 1

Nice pics Kay , been thinking about buying the sx 50 , because of its zoom capabilities , how do you find the sx 40

Judging bye your pics your doing well with it :thumbs:

the zoom is excellent for pics of the moon Steve .. I cant get the same quality with my other camera

Ive been reading the reviews on this camera since I seen your pics that you have taken with it Kay and it seems to have rave reviews from everyone? I only have the old Canon DSLR's and like you say the lenses are a nuisance at times and to be honest I can't afford one of those L series lenses which would no doubt improve things lol...I think I may pack up the DSLR's and get myself one of these,I think it would suit all my needs for certain..thanks for putting your own wee review on ..Atb Andy

I love the fact you dont have to swap lens .. the only tiny fault I can find is i wish it went from 18mm rather than 24mm but other than that I am very happy with this type of camera . its very quiet as well so your less likely to spook wildlife which is a huge bonus... I have no doubt that good glass & a decent body will give amazing results .. but for my hobby this fits the bill perfectly

Ive had a look at some reviews and bought the sx50 ,
Thanks for your input Kay ,it pointed me in the right direction though i was nearly persuaded to buy the nikon p510
Just got to find time to get out with it now and learn the settings

• Like 1

Ive had a look at some reviews and bought the sx50 ,

Thanks for your input Kay ,it pointed me in the right direction though i was nearly persuaded to buy the nikon p510

Just got to find time to get out with it now and learn the settings

Oh I am excited now :laugh: .. cant wait to see your pics when you get out . It took me a few weeks to get used to it .. but once I got familiar :thumbs: with the different settings it was fairly easy