Odd Ways To Start

Wxm

Whats the oddest techniques you have heard of the way people have used to start a terrier bushing?

Not saying it doesnt work and aslong as the end result is the same and you get a decent work then all well and good :thumbs:

Got talking to a chap once and he was saying that "back in the day" when he worked terriers that they used to get netted rabbits and tie their back legs up and tie it in a hedgerow :huh::hmm: then let a terrier in. so i prossume the terrier would always be in looking :hmm:

anyone ese heard of this technique ?? not sure it would go down well these day :huh:

with terrier pups i just took them out with experienced dogs from an early age and just let them loose they click on pretty fast especially when the older dogs catch in cover and the pup hears the scream it soon gets stuck in

• Like 2

I've got an 8month old border bitch and have been taking her out with me dads jack since she was 4/5 months old. She just followed the jacks lead, and within a few weeks she has been bushing v.well when she's out on her own and with pals lurchers. She's not caught yet but pulled a few out for the lurchers and had a couple of close catches this evening.

i started my beddy cross off by sending him off with my mates russel who a cracking little busher

they soon pick it up, as hes started doing it himself now

heres a couple pf pic of the pair

my baddey cross in the middle

Rosie, Charlie And Tyke

my mates russell

post-60570-0-70592800-1370935042_thumb.j

also started my staff off this way two but shes more of a pet so not really pushed her

atb aaron

i started my beddy cross off by sending him off with my mates russel who a cracking little busher

my mates russell

also started my staff off this way two but shes more of a pet so not really pushed her

atb aaron

Nice looking dog that russell. She looks like she'd work well :whistling:

Judging by the look of the russell, I'd say that the owner is a top class bloke too 8)

• Like 1

my mates russell

atb aaron

Judging by the look of the russell, I'd say that the owner is a top class bloke too 8)

bit of brown noseing :hmm: lol

does look a nice bitch thou, would there be any whippet in her :hmm: looks leggy :hmm: i do prefer the leggy type less hastle of them going to ground and seem to catch alot more bolters :thumbs:

Atb

my mates russell

atb aaron

bit of brown noseing :hmm: lol

does look a nice bitch thou, would there be any whippet in her :hmm: looks leggy :hmm: i do prefer the leggy type less hastle of them going to ground and seem to catch alot more bolters :thumbs:

Atb

Hi mate,

If I could brown nose myself I'd be a rich man :laugh: She's got a bit of fox terrier in her mate but the rest is russell type.

She will go to ground an it can be a pain in the arse but the good points outnumber that by far.

is that bitch tara I give a bitch like that to a man from neath or there about

Hi mate,

If that question's for me then no, I'm in North Wales. I got her from coed poeth near wrexham :thumbs: