Red Kites

I was working for a firm and we had to go to this estate at High Wycombe . The guy I went with mentioned the owner of the estate reintroduced 8 pairs ,this was about fifteen years ago . I think the owner was or still is John Paul Getty :thumbs:

i was putting a farm shed up near Dingwall. north of the border. there is a red kite program there also. they have a feeding station, nice to see em soaring above your head whilst putting the roof on :D

Great birds to watch. There was one or might have been a pair at cononbridge just down from dingwall, got poisoned, keeper got the blame. Was either poisoned or shot. If it didn't happen 5 mins ago, I canny mind :laugh:

I think there great to look at and i guess they are a better option than the amount of corvids there is about. Must be good for them near major roads eating all the road kill.

saw the first one on our shoot the other day stansted essex!

Likewise! Seems they are carrion feeders but are quite adept at forcing buzzards off of a kill and as a result the buzzard has to kill again. Tbh I can't see kites being much of an issue.

They were first released 1 mile from m40 nothing to see 30 or 40 10 mins from where I live

you dont have to travel your garden is full of the things :thumbs: there a lot bigger than i thought :icon_eek:
15is the most over the house at one time noisey fecking things

Got plenty of red kites round my area, saw one take off from dining on some road kill recently, reckon the driver coming the other way must of crapped themselves seeing the look on his face. There was a story in the local rag last week about somebody seeing a b.o.p. above their house in Grantham so googled birds of prey and decided it could only have been a golden eagle :icon_eek:.

Got plenty of red kites round my area, saw one take off from dining on some road kill recently, reckon the driver coming the other way must of crapped themselves seeing the look on his face. There was a story in the local rag last week about somebody seeing a b.o.p. above their house in Grantham so googled birds of prey and decided it could only have been a golden eagle :icon_eek:.

Double post, sorry.

Edited by spade