Whats Your Longest Kill ?????

i stated for experienced guns to tell me their capabilites not mine and i stated kill shots not wounded

i know many keepers who shoot regular 200m etc but some people are better than others as with all different aspects of life im glad were all not the same life would come to a stand still and get boring

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what, what does it matter what you, me, or Uncle Tom Cobly can do, shoot within your capabilities.   Throw a coin up in the air enough times and one day it will land on its edge!   Virtually e

417 on a bunny with my 6mm br   401 yards with my 20 tactical on a bunny   235 yards on a crow with my old 17 hmr   70 yards with my 22l;r on a bunny   40 yards on a pigeon with my old Baikal

Cue another willy waving/cock measuring thread...

just to set the record straight a dog and a gun are a little different .................a dog will either catch it or it wont ,..there is no wounding ...........and a long slip is giving your quarry a fair chance................

just to set the record straight a dog and a gun are a little different .................a dog will either catch it or it wont ,..there is no wounding ...........and a long slip is giving your quarry a fair chance................

Yeah it just tears it to death painfully at the end. Far better....

Why do you try to turn everything into guns vs dogs?

This isn't the what's your longest shot or dog chase and kill, its the longest clean shot thread.

So what, what does it matter what you, me, or Uncle Tom Cobly can do, shoot within your capabilities.

Throw a coin up in the air enough times and one day it will land on its edge!

Virtually everyones LONGEST shots will be planned and worked out with experience, BUT, will also involve an element of luck.

• Like 5

deker it was just out of interest what people can do with a gun if you or anyone doesnt want to comment thats fine but others like me maybe intereted of the capabilities of both gun and hunter ,deker thats what i was asking for experiened hunters to share

and it is no way a dog vs gun thread as i have both and enjoy slippng my dog more than taking the gun out

alsone yes its a longest kill thanks for been on the right track cheers

• Like 1

as far as i deem appropriate for the backdrop, weather conditions, ensuring an instant kill, the size of the intended target, suitability of gun/ammo, and my own level of comfort on the taking the shot

SIMPLES!

• Like 1

That's all very good.. But the man wanted to know at what distance have you taken down a target, hence the title of the thread..

If after you have put in all your good principles and back drops and whatever else you want to consider its only 30yards...then say 30yards!

Or if your just moaning saying its unethical and risky to make long range shots then take it to the anti hunters forum not a hunting one :thumbs:

• Like 1

That's all very good.. But the man wanted to know at what distance have you taken down a target, hence the title of the thread..

If after you have put in all your good principles and back drops and whatever else you want to consider its only 30yards...then say 30yards!

Or if your just moaning saying its unethical and risky to make long range shots then take it to the anti hunters forum not a hunting one :thumbs:

Because in the vast majority of cases peoples longest is NOT repeatable on a daily basis, that is the whole nature of it being the LONGEST, therefore it was a one off or lucky or unethical to start with "for most".

The question begs an unreasonable answer from any except those that suggest they never take shots outside their comfort zone, and as I have said, by the nature of the question, LONGEST is outside the comfort zone of most! :thumbs:

The question wasn't, what is your cut off point, at what distance do you stop shooting with any given calibre, it was, What is your longest! :thumbs:

Edited by Deker

"taken down a target" lol sounds like my kids on black ops

"taken down a target" lol sounds like my kids on black ops
What's black ops? Edited by AR177

417 on a bunny with my 6mm br

401 yards with my 20 tactical on a bunny

235 yards on a crow with my old 17 hmr

70 yards with my 22l;r on a bunny

40 yards on a pigeon with my old Baikal 12 bore

just over 3200 yards with a apfsds from a challenger 1 tank on a old chieftain tank hull.

other than that not a lot.

bob.

• Like 3