Small Deer X Greys

I was having a blether with a mate who has a litter brother to my 2nd X DeerxGrey pup and he was saying his is near on 30" already and their roughly only 8month to be fair his is a dog but my bitch is only 25" so far, It got us wondering about the smaller types of the cross which is considered usually as a larger cross, what's the smallest version of the X yous have seen and how did they fair to the bigger 1s? Cheers Darren

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I know I'm right. Deerhound x Greyhounds breed to type, so the litter comes out pretty "even". I know this and so do lots of other people that have actually bred them or seen a few litters. You said i

LOL! Ya I hear ya, Im the sensitive type too. HAHA!

I'm being serious here now. Do you have any real life experience with these breeding thought and theories or did you just read a book or listen to some bullshit dribble that the varioud peddlar dog m

Posted Images

I've a 10. Month pup here and whip grey x deer grey and he's made 28tts and I went for something smaller in cross to try and get size down .also have 1st cross who stands 29 tts , would love to see own a small one !! How is josys litter turning out bud my mate has a bitch off previous litter turning into a smashing bitch but even she is big 28-29 inches but god does she shift

I've a 10. Month pup here and whip grey x deer grey and he's made 28tts and I went for something smaller in cross to try and get size down .also have 1st cross who stands 29 tts , would love to see own a small one !! How is josys litter turning out bud my mate has a bitch off previous litter turning into a smashing bitch but even she is big 28-29 inches but god does she shift

Well my bitch is 8month and 25" I imagine she will grow another couple of inches yet but she's easily the smallest of the litter the rest are around 27" and up, a mate has a dog from the 1st mating and is a machine, doing everything put on front of him, hopefully my bitch turns out half as good

If you put a deerhound to a greyhound the litter would be even and you should know what to expect mate, when you put a first x to a first x then you can get what youse have a varied litter, I had a half x Beddy grey, 3rd generation half x she was nearly 25 inch and my first cross Beddy grey is just over 21, its just what happens when you put lurcher to lurcher even though the percentage is the same, you can get big small, rough and smooth all in the same litter, if you want 30 inch first cross that's the way you should go you can't really reproduce a first cross

If you put a deerhound to a greyhound the litter would be even and you should know what to expect mate, when you put a first x to a first x then you can get what youse have a varied litter, I had a half x Beddy grey, 3rd generation half x she was nearly 25 inch and my first cross Beddy grey is just over 21, its just what happens when you put lurcher to lurcher even though the percentage is the same, you can get big small, rough and smooth all in the same litter, if you want 30 inch first cross that's the way you should go you can't really reproduce a first cross

I know mate, we were just wondring about the smaller types of the cross, I'm actually glad she's not making the 30" odd mark

Got 11 month old deerhound x greyhound bitch stands at 25 at moment. when do they stop growing she only got out lanky gangly stage and started filling out

Likely be about done now other than fractions but will fill out and look bigger as it matures.

I got a 7 month old bitch,stands at 22 ats.she was the smallest of the litter.shes a good dog,showing promise.am happy with her progress so far.she of bull greyhound x deerhound.i have been thinking she a bit small for her age guess time will tell.whatever size she ends up don't really matter to me she a good one.