Computer Help Needed

Hi,

You can clear history and cookies ect this will mean people can`t see where you have been browsing ect or you can re format and reinstall windows but even then somebody with the right tools and knowledge will be able to access most of the data which was on the disk before formatting but it is pretty secure , the only really secure way if you are giving the computer to somebody else is to take the Hard drive out of the machine or do a Data wipe which again will need software to do it .

sledge hammer??? lol

Funny you should say that. . .did the last one with an axe
haha id never sell an old computer mate if you have put bank details etc on there id be para someone could still get them....

but that might just be lol.....good luck anyway sure someone will see you right.....:thumbs:

• Like 1

I want to return it whence it came, it was gifted by a 'colleague' after I killed the old pc, not fair on ya wife kids etc etc the reprehensible twat has done me a proper bad turn at work and consequently I wish to return it.By the looks of it Wxm already hacked me though! Lol

formatting the hard drive will wipe ever thing .. you can only do this if you have a windows operating software disc

ripping out the hard drive and installing a new one will leave the pc useless unless someone as a windows operating disc... if it was me i would create a new user and delete your account this will get rid of any files or programs you have installed .. what os is it running ie windows 7 vista , xp