Bull Whippet

trouble is most breeders of bullxwhips will tell you there not fox dogs,then you get a load of people slating em cause they struggle on charles.

Why would anybody breed bull into any lurcher if not with the hope of producing fox dogs.

Because you can't get a 3/8x 5/8 or 3/4 without having a 1st x to get there ? I bred mine for my own reasons stated many times before, stronger than a whip, faster than a bull, very versatile and put 100% into everything they do just for starters . . . .

• Like 1

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont waist your time,, theres no way a genuine bull/whippet 1/2 or 3/4 bred is catching and killing foxes single handed regular!! there just not physicaly built for regular fox work!!

Feck me, you lads can blather on. All dogs have their limitations, whatever their breeding. So long as your satisfied with yours, just crack on! I think some folk should spend more time out with the

heres a couple of pics of my bull/grey x collie/whip/grey 22tts and 52lb, not the fastest thing on four legs but has the heart of a lion and prey drive to match, has her limitations but keeps me happy

Posted Images

trouble is most breeders of bullxwhips will tell you there not fox dogs,then you get a load of people slating em cause they struggle on charles.

Why would anybody breed bull into any lurcher if not with the hope of producing fox dogs.

Because you can't get a 3/8x 5/8 or 3/4 without having a 1st x to get there ? I bred mine for my own reasons stated many times before, stronger than a whip, faster than a bull, very versatile and put 100% into everything they do just for starters . . . .

agree mate,i rate them allways wondered why people needed these bucket headed bullxs the size of a camel for fox.my bullxwhip does what i need,and thats all quarry,taken a variety of ways.

• Like 1

My mate has a Bull/Whippet and hes 18yrs old and long retired.Fantastic on the Rabbit,and will flush bigger stuff out for the more capable dogs in the group.Had an hatred for postmen,anyone black,and Rats,plus no-one could shut him up!.He also hated the sound of the indicators in the car,it would send him off hes head.He would be jumping about the car front and back,over passengers heads,on the dash and parcel shelf.lol

Not recommended for Fox though as its highly likely to come of far the worst off!.

agree mate,i rate them allways wondered why people needed these bucket headed bullxs the size of a camel for fox.my bullxwhip does what i need,and thats all quarry,taken a variety of ways.

i know for 2 bull/whip dogs that are owned by a big bull/whip breeder or was a big breeder before they sickend him for missing so much stuff!! they both have heads the same size as 2 bull/greys that i own and are only 6/7 pound lighter and 2" shorter but still worlds apart when it comes to catching and dispatching!! preban foxes.... only once have i ever! see a bull/whip catch a preban fox and that was doubled up with a colliex and that did all the work an ran it straight in to the bull/whip.......

By the sounds of things I am very lucky in what I have seen then ? Or possibly just a ' lucky ' breeding ?

i wouldnt say lucky,,,its down to circumstances! how often is the dog doing it? if your bull/whip is actually catching foxes its only doing it in and around cover! and not in the open field and it would prob need a hand to finnish matters,,a good fox will out preforme a bull/whip in the open field,, good foxdogs out preforme foxes in the open field not just round obstacles that slow em down! or like you say you may just have a one off........!! any preban pics of this dog.

• Like 1

what makes

By the sounds of things I am very lucky in what I have seen then ? Or possibly just a ' lucky ' breeding ?

i wouldnt say lucky,,,its down to circumstances! how often is the dog doing it? if your bull/whip is actually catching foxes its only doing it in and around cover! and not in the open field and it would prob need a hand to finnish matters,,a good fox will out preforme a bull/whip in the open field,, good foxdogs out preforme foxes in the open field not just round obstacles that slow em down! or like you say you may just have a one off........!! any preban pics of this dog.
why would you think they wouldnt catch on open fields

Don't like bull Xs, but f**k me the guy came on asking for a bull whippet and everyone's telling him to get something else, if he wanted a bull grey he would of asked for 1 lol maybe he wants a wee sturdy dog that ain't capable of riding into battle lol

• Like 1

what makes

because iv never seen one do it! and iv seen a couple day/night, and nor has the guy thats most known for breeding them ever seen his ones catch any in the open! and they had more opportunity then most...

Edited by elisderyn
  • Like 1

what makes

because iv never seen one do it! and iv seen a couple day/night, and nor has the guy thats most known for breeding them ever seen his ones catch any in the open! and they had more opportunity then most...
so what you saying there not quick enough .mine as bit of grey in him but still only 22tts and quick for what i want.
  • Like 1

what makes

So because you've never seen it done it's not possible ?? :haha::wallbash::wallbash: Who said I was talking about my dog, I didn't. No one on this thread has said that these dogs are out and out fox dogs or Hare dogs or deer dogs for that matter. Top end speed is quick enough for most quarry also, wether it be ' around obstacles ' or open ground. Very underestimated dogs if you manage to get a decent 1 :good: (imo)