Ferret Newbie

I personally would leave the cat/dog meat alone, chicken carcasses, beef/chicken/lamb mince, rabbits, offal(liver, heart, lung), fish, pheasants, crows, magpies, squirrels, eggs(1 a week) anything meat wise really. Although i don't feed pork

Dont feed cat food, not made for ferrets, buy complete ferret food in Summer, when flies are about.

no need to whisk egg, just crack over complete, they will demolish it.

in Winter months feed Rabbit.

that's my feeding regime, you can of course use mince chicken wings etc if you wish'

Guest norseman

most meat except pork, I don't know if pork does them damage but I think its because of their salt content sometimes. ferrets can get dehydrated easily. well so ive been told :yes:

• Like 1

most meat except pork, I don't know if pork does them damage but I think its because of their salt content sometimes. ferrets can get dehydrated easily. well so ive been told :yes:

Are you sure that's the reason, not that pork is the closest tasting meat to human flesh apparently and you don't want them getting a taste for that. lol.

Guest norseman

Are you sure that's the reason, not that pork is the closest tasting meat to human flesh apparently and you don't want them getting a taste for that. lol.

first i've heard, a ferret would be doing well to eat you though lol. nah I know what your saying but I thinks its because pork can be salty mate.

I personally would leave the cat/dog meat alone, chicken carcasses, beef/chicken/lamb mince, rabbits, offal(liver, heart, lung), fish, pheasants, crows, magpies, squirrels, eggs(1 a week) anything meat wise really. Although i don't feed pork

All of the above. Although I knew one guy that would deer legs and heads in and full fox carcouse. Although I would just stuck to the above.

Atb dmr

first i've heard, a ferret would be doing well to eat you though lol. nah I know what your saying but I thinks its because pork can be salty mate.

Mate, I was just having a laugh. I didn't think that was really the reason for a second. lol

pork is fine as long as its not cured(treated with salt) mine love half a pigs head to munch on in there court.steer clear of cooked bones as they can splinter and mine absoloutly love raw fish......heads an all.and always leave the fur/feathers on as this helps clear internal parrasites