First Running Dog

Currently building a kennel for my first running dog, The cross im thinking of getting is a Collie x Greyhound. Ive been going with the lads around my way who run dogs they've got saluki xs and a few bull xs mainly the reason im thinking of a collie cross is i do allot ferreting.

Whats your opinions of the cross for what i want from it and if you think there's a better cross out there for what i want ? let me know you opinions

atomo :thumbs:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

gotta be collie x bud like has been said thats what the pros use .......and any excuse to put pics up although the wee russel (she's not mine) in the first pic is as good as any lurcher in rough co

collie/whippet/ greyhound or collie greyhound. i think you'll limit yourself in later life if you get a dog thats too small.

How is a collie x grey any different than a collie x whippet other than size?   And if it is a different dog then I stand by my original thoughts that 99% of the whippets yall are using are pure shi

Posted Images

If you want a collie cross go for it, good dogs and i think ideal for the ferreting game.

just look what pro pesters use :yes:

totally agree, collie x greys are excellent ferreting dogs make gret lampers aswell and will be easy to train for a newbie

One bit of advice I would give if ur only after rabbits and only rabbits why not a whippet x if ur doing a trek too Ireland and have other game in ur eyes then a bigger dog is handy and some times it dosnt matter what x it is

ALRIGHT MATE,

COLLIE X WHIPPET FOR YOUR 1ST DOG .

1ST X COLLIE GREWS CAN BE BASXXXDS.

TERRIFIC DOGS TO WORK BUT LACK 5TH/6TH GEAR.

SOME ARE JUST JAIL BAIT AND WILL KILL ANYTHING OF SIMMILAR SIZE.

E.G.

OTHER DOGS

SHEEP

GOATS ETC.

I THINK ALOT OF DOG FOR A NEWBIE.

A FEW YRS DOWN THE LINE GO FOR IT .

COLLIE X WHIPPETS ARE GREAT WEE DOGS AND A LOT EASIER TO HANDLE.

:thumbs:

My mate had a collie X grey an it was a great ferreting dog........but it was also very good at pullin deer as well.......maybe best wi a collie x whippet if its solely rabbits your after......or a beddie whippet x.......good luck in your search.....

i want abit of a all round that's why i went for the size but i do allot of rabbiting i take the shar pie x pit with me so surpose any of the above will be better than him :laugh: will want i for the the lamp aswel

thanks for the replys lads

Currently building a kennel for my first running dog, The cross im thinking of getting is a Collie x Greyhound. Ive been going with the lads around my way who run dogs they've got saluki xs and a few bull xs mainly the reason im thinking of a collie cross is i do allot ferreting.

Whats your opinions of the cross for what i want from it and if you think there's a better cross out there for what i want ? let me know you opinions

atomo :thumbs:

You have PM mate.... :thumbs:

How is a collie x grey any different than a collie x whippet other than size?

And if it is a different dog then I stand by my original thoughts that 99% of the whippets yall are using are pure shit!

Just feed the f****r some bread and it will kill lions and tigers and bears.

• Like 2

How is a collie x grey any different than a collie x whippet other than size?

And if it is a different dog then I stand by my original thoughts that 99% of the whippets yall are using are pure shit!

Just feed the f****r some bread and it will kill lions and tigers and bears.

FFS Dan - just get over the French toast thing eh???? :thumbs:

• Like 1