Hi there i know this topic has probably been breeched a few times but coulnt find it if it has.

My lurcher pup of 11 months has got the shits and has had for a couple of weeks now.

other wise he seems a happy and healthy dog good coat and skin just cant seem to shake the shits

Ive tried a few things ive put him on a dry complete food and even starved for 24 hours

and hes all up to date with his wormer.but alwys really runny sometimes its even watery and white?

Any idea how to solid him up abit?

Any info/advice will be greatfull

Thanks

Is there ever any jelly like stuff in it? My lurcher had colitis as a pup, some stuff from the vet sorted him out.. :yes: Didn't try it myself, but I've heard a diet of boiled chicken and rice is good for an upset stomach..

Starve the dog for 24 to 36 hours then give it a pro biotic yogurt .... Boil up a load of chicken breast and rice ... wash the rice until all the starch has gone ... Feed the dog a handful Of the mix every few hours for the first day ... Increase the portion size over the next few days until he is on normal meal size then gradually re introduce his normal food ........

• Like 5

What socks said, A good Fast, then low fat easily digestible meats boiled with rice, in small meals and slowly build it up. Fat should be avoided as it can irritate the gut, so meats like Chicken, turkey or rabbit are good. A dollop of natural yoghurt is really helpful. Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 2

agree with the abpve starve it for at least 24 hours thgen boiled brown rice and cooked chicken for a few days odd slices of browmn bread etc,sorted mine many times :thumbs:

never thought of using probiotic yoghurts good idea, a lot of foods now have probiotics in, wonder if continual daily use reduces potency?

cheers lads very help full

Iv got a free health check at the vets before hes 12 months so gonna take him in wednesday see what he thinks

then il put your advice into practice.

hopfully report back with some good news

for any one who reads countrymans weekly thats my pup that was on the front cover last week the brindle. just thought id mention it :D proud as punch.(bit bigger now tho)

Thanks again

Mine get a spoonful of natural yogurt every other day on their food ........

Mine get a small tub each twice a week...they love it...good for them too... :thumbs:

:thumbs: then give the tubs to the ferrets, they'll clean em up and have toys to play with.

• Like 1

sounds like a raw diet is the way to go.

but if you dont mind me asking where does everyone get there chicken from bit costly buying it?

ive got plenty off rabbit at my dispence tho so will try that to begin with.

Thanks again