im writing this with a light hearted tone......at the end of the day, its only a catapult :yes:

so, i bought some bands off this guy...and he asked to see what cattys i made...so i sent him a few pics of mine.

just checked ebay...and there is the (almost) exact replica of one of my cattys :hmm:

his version.

T2eC16hHJIQE9qUHu0cHBRfCG0oVJQ60_35_zps0

KGrHqNHJEQFDjwVMzBBBRfCG728cg60_35_zpse8

and my 'original'....

20130319_203828_zps32e33771.jpg

20130319_203834_zps7ddfd7bc.jpg

just made me laugh.. :laugh:

its not such a big deal.... but hes got some neck on him :laugh:

Hes a joiner, so gets his offcuts for free....

Cuts them out and routers the edges....

A quick lick of varnish and hes done :yes:

He doesnt sit sanding and shaping them by hand like daft cnut here :feck:

There's been catties of that shape made for a number of years, long before you started making them. Maybe you copied someone else? LOL!!

There's only so much variation that can be made with a catty frame, there'll always be similarities between makers. I only make naturals but I've made a couple of twisted Holly frames that look identical and they were made 2 years apart. There's lots of catties that look like Hunter frames out there.

ive said it many times.... theres only so many ways you can attach elastic to a frame....and only so many shaoes you can cut wood until its been done before.

nearly all the designs have been done before.......i am no doubt copying somene else...

the thing i was getting at....was this guy made his own style....and soon as he seen a couple of pics of mine....he immitated them.

the shape of his catty in the top pic...is bill hayes....a design which you can get on another forum.... but it was a picture which i sent him of one of mine in this shape.....

you can tell its a direct copy of mine (both of the ones i sent him)....

because he has put a palmswell on the wrong way.... it should be in the palm of the hand.....copying the pattern...

whereas if you look at the picture of mine...there is no palmswell....ive just put an indent in for the fingers....