Geordiehunterstv Out N About

hi guys

Well lets set the scene, no wind (apart from darryl) clear skies, 2 geordies,1 hw100,1 gaystate huntsman,, and the 1st night out in a long time ....

For those who didn't read darryls earlier post we bagged a local permission and last night was our 1st visit and like all new permissions it takes a few visits to get the place sussed. we arrived on the patch for about 23:30, guns zero'd radio check and away we go darryl hugged the coastline while i headed about 200mtrs to his left . as this was a new permission and for safety we were in constant comm's with each other staying pretty much in line with each other as well me made our 1st sweep and just after a mile we'd seen 4 bunnies so much for this place jumping we'd reached the end boundry and after a chat about the lack of bunnies we came to the conclusion lol well we came to 2 or 3 lol wrong time of night, possibility of others, foxes or its not as bad as the owner thinks.. so we swapped sides and headed back to the start point finally back at the car we'd still only seen 4 bunnies.

This as not good so after a rethink we drove around to the far side and parked up as we sat talking out came the security guard from the site next door, not a bad bloke he even let us park in his secure car park this is when we found out a couple of things ... the local poachers were out with there lamps n dogs an hour before we arrived hence the reason why it could be quiet.. he also clocked a fox so we weren't hoping for many on the next sweep, but not being put off we headed off into the darkness within in the next hour i bagged 2 and missed a sitter 1st was about 25 mtrs straight forward headshot then as i headed further i spotted another 2 sitting about 35mtrs i dropped to my knee and took the 1st with a nice headshot and the other just sat looking at his mate and i completely cocked the shot up ..not much more after that well infact nowt at all lol so i gave wor kid a shout on the radio and headed back to the car park ...next time were gonna leave it a couple of hours later and see if there's any difference in activity ..

from this

Northumberland-20130505-00187_zpsa6cafc1

to this

Gateshead-20130505-00189_zps76da764e.jpg

looking forward to my tea now lol

atb gary

• Like 1

hi guys

Well lets set the scene, no wind (apart from darryl) clear skies, 2 geordies,1 hw100,1 gaystate huntsman,, and the 1st night out in a long time ....

For those who didn't read darryls earlier post we bagged a local permission and last night was our 1st visit and like all new permissions it takes a few visits to get the place sussed. we arrived on the patch for about 23:30, guns zero'd radio check and away we go darryl hugged the coastline while i headed about 200mtrs to his left . as this was a new permission and for safety we were in constant comm's with each other staying pretty much in line with each other as well me made our 1st sweep and just after a mile we'd seen 4 bunnies so much for this place jumping we'd reached the end boundry and after a chat about the lack of bunnies we came to the conclusion lol well we came to 2 or 3 lol wrong time of night, possibility of others, foxes or its not as bad as the owner thinks.. so we swapped sides and headed back to the start point finally back at the car we'd still only seen 4 bunnies.

This as not good so after a rethink we drove around to the far side and parked up as we sat talking out came the security guard from the site next door, not a bad bloke he even let us park in his secure car park this is when we found out a couple of things ... the local poachers were out with there lamps n dogs an hour before we arrived hence the reason why it could be quiet.. he also clocked a fox so we weren't hoping for many on the next sweep, but not being put off we headed off into the darkness within in the next hour i bagged 2 and missed a sitter 1st was about 25 mtrs straight forward headshot then as i headed further i spotted another 2 sitting about 35mtrs i dropped to my knee and took the 1st with a nice headshot and the other just sat looking at his mate and i completely cocked the shot up ..not much more after that well infact nowt at all lol so i gave wor kid a shout on the radio and headed back to the car park ...next time were gonna leave it a couple of hours later and see if there's any difference in activity ..

from this

Northumberland-20130505-00187_zpsa6cafc1

to this

Gateshead-20130505-00189_zps76da764e.jpg

looking forward to my tea now lol

atb gary

What happened to the this is the one I cooked earlier photo, or at least a dirty knife, fork and plate :D