2013 British And Irish Lions Tour To Australia.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What a great game and a great way to silence the "naysyers" the win was based on a power game and when played correctly is hard to live with for any team imo, yes its one dimensional at times but when

I like the way people of all nations have got behind the British and Irish lions on here. Some of the vitriol towards other nations players on other sites has to be seen to be believed. On this thread

Well a wins a win and thats about all. The ref aside (Dont like slagging refs off) the Lions looked very nervous and seemed to wait to see what the Wallibes did first before doing their own stuff. 3 i

Posted Images

Bugger.. :( Not a very good game, bit scrappy, etc. Set piece was shocking for the most part, although the scrum got it together a bit in the second half.. Shame Halfpenny missed that last kick but it was a monster and he's only human..

Was at work today and fu*king Sky plus didn't record. :censored: :censored:

Had to watch the highlights so can't really comment. What i did see was that the subs didn't really help. It didn't happen in my playing days, you had to be really injured to be replaced then. So stick with those on the pitch and get on with it. Maybe Corbiserio will be fit for next week, if not Grant must start. That good old English player Vunipola cant scrummage better than me................ :laugh:

• Like 1

Right cooled down a little now. That game was lost because of the game plan nothing else.

Watch the game, the wings did not come into the centre, I wonder why? The centres were set in defence mode all game, I wonder why? I think Gats was more intrested in the boot of 1/2p to win the game, with Jouber as ref. Hibbards throwing is getting worse, he did shore up the scrum when he came on and made a few carries but when you cannot get the ball on your own lineout, makes it bloody hard to get any parity.

Australia played all the rugby today and IMHO deserved the win, just. A very negative display by the lions, take the last kick 1/2p had already hit the bar earlier from a shorter lick than that. Why not take the quick tap and try for another penalty closer. Odd game plan by gats.

TC

Edited by tiercel
  • Like 2

From the little i saw of the 2nd test, the Lions looked excatly what they are. A scratch side playing like they don't know either the plays or those they are playing with very well. I think the team is missing Jamie Roberts a lot. The Welsh team rely on him for crash ball, and i think Gatland would like to play the same way with the Lions. The crash ball up the middle makes space out wide and if you haven't got the big centre to do it.........No space. Maybe Tuilangi ?? I don't know.

There's not many tries scored of first phase ball. Pick and go a bit, try to make space that way, or crash ball up the No 12 channel, suck some defenders in, then go out wide. I thought the tactics of the Lions were very naive in both tests. Sort of sat back a little waiting for things to happen, then react. Rather than do you own thing and put the Aussies under pressure.

...........Ahh anyway, what the fook do i know.

:laugh: :laugh:

I've watched the game twice now and it dosen't really get much better.lol

The backs just wanted to kick possession away, thought Youngs was under-whelming at 9, he's usually very quick at the base with his passing/running game but he just didn't seem to get going. I think its time now for Roberts or Manu to come in, even start with Jamie at 12 and Manu at 13 but I'd be happy with either at 12 and BOD at 13, BOD had a mixed game yesterday threw a crazy intercept pass and 1 or 2 kicks that were awry but you still need his influence in there imo. Sexton didn't have his best, some his kicks were just too deep at times, though he was missing that man outside him to take the ball up and try to break the line like a Roberts or Manu.

Both wingers seemed content to just sit on the wing, they never came in on any angles all game and North and Bowe are usually great at that, Halfpenny was pretty solid but he was forced to kick rather than try a counter attack a lot of time.

Scrum's were a mish mash, one minute pushing the Wallabies around then getting mullered the next, hopefully Corbisiero will be back to bolster the front row and I woulkd start with Hibbard for his physical presence and hope his lineout works, Jones as to start again at tight head. Second rows were decent with AWJ working his socks off again and Parling put in loads of tackles but without Croft we seemed to struggle for any decent attacking lineout ball, I'd keep the same seconds but if they were to bring in Evans or Gray I wouldn't complain.

In the back row Sam was immense and really played well yesterday, his tackling and work at the breakdown was tireless and the structure seemed to fall apart when he went off. Lydiate did what he usually does and tackled everything though he did miss a few tackles and gave a silly pen away, both of which is unlike Dan. Heaslip had a quiet game by his standards and I think its time to bring Faletau in and if Warburton's not fit I'd go with Tupuric at 7 and either SOB or Croft at 6, though I'd go with Croft for his line out ability and have O'Brien as a replacement to try and attack the tiring aussies.

My team would be.......

1. Corbs

2. Hibbard

3. Jones

4. AWJ

5. Parling

6. Croft/SOB

7. Warburton(if fit)/ Tupuric

8. Faletau

9. any of the 9's(they all been poor)

10. Sexton

11. North

12. Roberts/Manu

13. BOD

14. Bowe

15. Halfpenny

16. Cole

17. Youngs

18. Vinupola

19. Gray/Evans

20. SOB/Croft

21. any of the 9's

22. Farrell

23. Cuthbert

Well, Gats has had a good clean out for saturdays last test.

There will be alot of disappointed lads but its may be for the good!!!

Dropping Bod is no surprise to me..

Make or break time for Gats.

Hope they do it this weekend.

The team for Saturday.

1. Corbisiero,
2. Hibbard,
3. A Jones,
4. A W Jones ©,
5. Parling,
6. Lydiate,
7. O'Brien,
8. Faletau

9. Phillips
10. Sexton
11. North
12. Roberts
13. Davis
14. Bowe
15. Halfpenny

Bench - T Youngs, Vunipola, Cole, Gray, Tipuric, Murray, Farrell, Tuilagi.

To be honest I like the look of it.

TC

• Like 2