Rabbit Trapping With The Fenn Vi's

I have been doing a bit of pest control for a farmer and he asked me to sort out a bit of a rabbit problem on a short hedgeline. they were eating the crops on one side. I set seven traps and ended up with six bunnies, which i was happy with. the traps are all reset and I've added another one to the line as well making it eight traps. Lots of the rabbits I have seen have been half grown but the farmer doesn't care, he wants them gone and he's paying for it. it's crazy but as a youngster I used to poach these very same field with the dog and lamp, and was forever getting chased off. I never did dare ferret the hedgerow as it's in full view of the farm. And now many years later I'm being asked to sort the rabbits out on there. Funny thing is life.....

post-16-0-28419900-1366728521_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

A very good start :thumbs: usually this time of year the percentage of rabbits are youngsters but as you have shown these traps will take full grown rabbits. its all down to how you set them and how high the roof of the hole is so the rabbit wont be thrown clear of the jaws when they fire,, looking good :thumbs:

I like block trapping the burrows i cant ferret but it's surprising the amount of stoats and weasels you pick up

Hope I don't get any of them, they're such a nice animal. I actually set the plates quite hard, so maybe something of the weight of a weasel might be able to pass over the plate without triggering it off. I have anchored the traps with some 35lb braid ad i would hate anyone to find the traps.

I got my Fenns from Fourteen acre, well recommended.

Do you reckon that braid is man enough mate?.......I would go for some extruded duck decoy teather line if I was you.......but then again I know times are tight and what do I know anyway :)

Where i set them was sandy soil i used a u shape made out of high tensile wire and metal tent pegs set 50 mk6's only picked up 48 , i was thinking it was a fox had a couple of easy meals as if it was a two legged fox i would of lost the lot

good work there fella. i got a dozen mk 6 fenns last year but first time i set them i caught a stoat. was pretty annoyed as it was still alive in trap and i like the stoats about because they help me keep the bunny numbers down, so i lifted them all and not used again since. but i will have to give it another go with the trigger set a bit stiffer as you said.

Is that sand your using to cover the trigger plate? how to you stop it pouring underneath?

Trapping all the holes in a burrow ,against just setting a few traps if theres more than fifty holes you set your traps in the most likely used holes and fill in the rest