Pre Ban Permission

during the good old days...

out of curiosity what was it like to get permission back then, how did you go about getting permission for deer fox and hare was it easier to get permission for one and not the other? and would you have to pay for the right to hunt like deer stalking would the landowner want anything?

I never had any permission for anywhere till the late 80's and so everything was illegal we caught anyway,most farmers were'nt that bothered as there was only a few lads soft enough to go out on wild nights and most farmers were tucked up in bed,the best thing was no helicopter,when I think of some of the chases we had by coppers and keepers we'd of been f*cked if they'd had a chopper,no dna testing back then either so the chances of getting caught afterwards was rare,also I'd say there was a lot more gear about back then apart from deer which have gotten a lot more common in the past 10yrs and the fines now are a lot more severe for deer,that dna has beaten us all and there's no going back now,WM

• Like 2

fox only for for me mate now for prevention of predation of game birds,with baying terriers & predominatly russells who use there voice.missis & kids are worth more than dogs but still a i luv to see a lurcher run & a terrier boltle up its quarrry.clean & easy & the ultimate selective method.each to there own but ill stick to my way alb.pigs.see what u got, & catch & relese fcuk em.(heavey vicksen or scabby dog fox full of mange you decide?maningement at the highest level shurely, any one got an extainable alternertive id like to know .dont go wi out permission lads theres plenty that will have u on if u know what your at.dont give em ammo boys come on.

the amount of damage the deer did and cost the famers, they were just happy for a few to be removed. nice bottle of something each year as a thanks was happily accepted too

suprisingly thats all it takes mate & good sport to be had too.done many an hours fishing on the back of a bottle of sloe gin :thumbs:only on here now cus im waiting for rabbit o come out to grt the dog on the lamp for a few rabbit.dont know about yous but im still on rabbit stew. :thumbs:

I never had any permission for anywhere till the late 80's and so everything was illegal we caught anyway,most farmers were'nt that bothered as there was only a few lads soft enough to go out on wild nights and most farmers were tucked up in bed,the best thing was no helicopter,when I think of some of the chases we had by coppers and keepers we'd of been f*cked if they'd had a chopper,no dna testing back then either so the chances of getting caught afterwards was rare,also I'd say there was a lot more gear about back then apart from deer which have gotten a lot more common in the past 10yrs and the fines now are a lot more severe for deer,that dna has beaten us all and there's no going back now,WM

You must of had some crack, i like auld storys, id give my marriage finger to be back in those days