Springer Recommendations?

Initially I was thinking about going pcp and getting a Air Arms S410 but when I totted up all what I would need and the cost etc I had a change of heart and am thinking of now going for a good springer instead.

I’m looking at the Weihrauch range and see they have a large varied choice of springers available, intention is to go for Pigeons and Corvids and was thinking of going for .177. What are people’s preference, break barrel or underlever? Which rifle would you choose and why?

I went in to the local gun dealer yesterday and took a look at a few. The HW77k caught my eye along with the HW97k, I found the HW97k slightly more comfortable to hold than the 77. Appreciate any recommendation?

Yeah, you wont go wrong with a 97, they do feel great in the shoulder and i prefer them to the TX200 ( i sold the TX to get the 97), also i shouldered a 95 and that felt too light and at a guess woud be more hold sensitive than the 97.....Its a great rifle....even better tuned!

what they said..

neither will let you down.

most people think a break barrel is easier and faster to reload, however i find im more efficient with my hw97 than i am with my hw95k. :yes:

its all about preference with which feels best for the individual shooter. go for the 97 mate, you wont regret it. weight helps manage recoil and hold sensitivity :)

• Like 1

I have an HW97KT in .177 currently awaiting its tuning kit from Tony Wall at Sandwell Field Sports. Mine has a 1980s HW77 vintage stock fitted which gives it the sweetly balanced handling of an HW77 with the compact handling of the HW97 developed from it. Can't wait for my mate Andy to install the kit and finish it off! One of the greatest air rifles ever! You are going to love it!

Pianoman.

Edited by pianoman