Irish Coursing Dogs.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a pup i bred last year both parents irish terrier x

was only having a laugh with banter iv my hands full here lads who ever gets them good luck

Posted Images

plenty of good dogs around are way u just dont no whos got them, one of the most talked about dogs at minute is 5 minutes away from you will kill field or fen, i no atleast five fen bred dogs that can kill hares around the south, and thats just the ones i no of. all the travellers run fen bred stuff and there killing round the fields i been there with them, mines out of dan who spose to chuck plodders and he kills around the fields, not just hare in his first season he took big rabbits, little rabbits, and fox, never tried on deer yet.

Alright lads. Im going to pick up another coursing type pup soon but im looking for one to run on the small hedgy land/old air fields near where i live. I have a dog thats killing good numbers on this type of land but is more suited to the big land. A friend said alot of irish coursing dogs carry irish terrier blood and in ireland its more "field" than "fen".

So my question is has anybody tried one of these dogs in england for knocking one or two over on small fields or would a saluki/whippet type suit this land better ? Atb

its simple really buy a pup out of parents that are running and catching regular near you.

Lol thats the thing mate NOBODY has a dog like that round here. They are "second rate" dogs. I have one here that will kill a few happily but hes too keen on deer wich is something i will get out of the new pup. Atb

not sure of percentage wise of mine but templeking can tell you he bred her . whatever percentage she was one things for certain she was a hell of a good bitch in the day on feild or fen and no cover would stop her .

Her name wouldent have been ruby no connie she was called over here.caught the first 12 hares she ever ran .

not sure of percentage wise of mine but templeking can tell you he bred her . whatever percentage she was one things for certain she was a hell of a good bitch in the day on feild or fen and no cover would stop her .

Her name wouldent have been ruby

Her name wouldent have been ruby no connie she was called over here.caught the first 12 hares she ever ran .

>

Her name wouldent have been ruby

Any pics

• 1 month later...

some great crack with the irish terr cross proper game on ditches and could run them anywhere not just pick your feild out seen them at time hiting elect fen and past no heed sul hits it one and hes finish

Thats what i was getting at mate. Be nice to have abit of a good thick coat,

plenty of good dogs around are way u just dont no whos got them, one of the most talked about dogs at minute is 5 minutes away from you will kill field or fen, i no atleast five fen bred dogs that can kill hares around the south, and thats just the ones i no of. all the travellers run fen bred stuff and there killing round the fields i been there with them, mines out of dan who spose to chuck plodders and he kills around the fields, not just hare in his first season he took big rabbits, little rabbits, and fox, never tried on deer yet.

Alright lads. Im going to pick up another coursing type pup soon but im looking for one to run on the small hedgy land/old air fields near where i live. I have a dog thats killing good numbers on this type of land but is more suited to the big land. A friend said alot of irish coursing dogs carry irish terrier blood and in ireland its more "field" than "fen".

So my question is has anybody tried one of these dogs in england for knocking one or two over on small fields or would a saluki/whippet type suit this land better ? Atb

its simple really buy a pup out of parents that are running and catching regular near you.
Lol thats the thing mate NOBODY has a dog like that round here. They are "second rate" dogs. I have one here that will kill a few happily but hes too keen on deer wich is something i will get out of the new pup. Atb
I know i met the dogs owner and a couple of others over east isley way stopped and asked me about my own dog. They seemed impressed with him when i put him behind one. Like i said my own dog can kill plenty on fields but hes too keen on deer and has skin like paper. You know yourself alot of fen bred dogs get cut with all the barb wire/woodlands.. Im after something abit smaller and tougher. all the best. Edited by fitchet