Irish Coursing Dogs.

Alright lads. Im going to pick up another coursing type pup soon but im looking for one to run on the small hedgy land/old air fields near where i live. I have a dog thats killing good numbers on this type of land but is more suited to the big land. A friend said alot of irish coursing dogs carry irish terrier blood and in ireland its more "field" than "fen".

So my question is has anybody tried one of these dogs in england for knocking one or two over on small fields or would a saluki/whippet type suit this land better ? Atb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

heres a pup i bred last year both parents irish terrier x

was only having a laugh with banter iv my hands full here lads who ever gets them good luck

Posted Images

I've got a dog of the Irish breeding,he's about 26/27 inch tts just looks like a usual tall coursing dog,only ran him on small land,tightest dog I've ever seen and fast to the back of them,pups out of him have the same running style,seems to be a style well known to the dogs with the Irish terrier blood,I wonder if it could be the terrier influence on the saluki blood making these dogs try so hard to end a run,rather than hanging back,it's certainly an exciting style to watch

Alright lads. Im going to pick up another coursing type pup soon but im looking for one to run on the small hedgy land/old air fields near where i live. I have a dog thats killing good numbers on this type of land but is more suited to the big land. A friend said alot of irish coursing dogs carry irish terrier blood and in ireland its more "field" than "fen".

So my question is has anybody tried one of these dogs in england for knocking one or two over on small fields or would a saluki/whippet type suit this land better ? Atb

its simple really buy a pup out of parents that are running and catching regular near you.

its simple really buy a pup out of parents that are running and catching regular near you.

Lol thats the thing mate NOBODY has a dog like that round here. They are "second rate" dogs. I have one here that will kill a few happily but hes too keen on deer wich is something i will get out of the new pup. Atb

The irishterrier in the makeup gives them the heart really game for round the obsticals that's why a lot of the irish men like this bred through ther dogs,irishlady,cathys bitch,to name some had irishterrier in ther makeup..

The dog I have is a grandson to irish lady,he used to tie them in knots and could box them up into a small area,was a shock to me and a few other lads to see such a big rangey dog run like that,he's 10 year old now but still likes to show what he can do now and then,wish he was 2 year old again lol

The irishterrier in the makeup gives them the heart really game for round the obsticals that's why a lot of the irish men like this bred through ther dogs,irishlady,cathys bitch,to name some had irishterrier in ther makeup..

The dog I have is a grandson to irish lady,he used to tie them in knots and could box them up into a small area,was a shock to me and a few other lads to see such a big rangey dog run like that,he's 10 year old now but still likes to show what he can do now and then,wish he was 2 year old again lol

I was quite surprised at my buddy bred dog how he runs them on the small land near home hes cuaght me a good few on fields a small dog would have trouble with. Has anybody ran a straight irish terrier/ grey and what was the irish terrier bred for ? Atb