Sankey V Nuttel

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They were/are both top men but to try to place one above the other is not relevant. Both men will have had other strings to their bow. I've known Alan since first visiting with him in the 80's and he

And hares were given fair law, not slipped on as soon as they left their forms, or were kicked up with the dog slipped before they were even into their stride.

Respect to you Bolio.....   Both men are legends in the coursing world. That's all we need to know. :victory:   They were champions at a time when winning meant running against some top dogs. :

They were/are both top men but to try to place one above the other is not relevant. Both men will have had other strings to their bow. I've known Alan since first visiting with him in the 80's and he impressed me with his dedication to whatever he applied himself to even then. No television for him.....work, dinner, dogwork, bed......! I'm sure Craig was the same. Both these men have enough sense to respect each other. I remember the 1998 Forley when some of the hangers on were trying to take bets that Foxy would win on the strength of her match record. But these yearly comps were not matches. A designated slipper was employed to ensure fair law and in the end Alans Dancer killed the most hares.....a week after she had won the doubled up comp....which may well have favoured speedy dogs against "fen plodders". Dancer won it both ways......and the Temple Bruer on hard stoney going the previous season!

I think Craig has bred more pups....but whatever....both these men stand atop the pinnacle of U.K. lurcher coursing history, i.m.h.o.

• Like 8

They were/are both top men but to try to place one above the other is not relevant. Both men will have had other strings to their bow. I've known Alan since first visiting with him in the 80's and he impressed me with his dedication to whatever he applied himself to even then. No television for him.....work, dinner, dogwork, bed......! I'm sure Craig was the same. Both these men have enough sense to respect each other. I remember the 1998 Forley when some of the hangers on were trying to take bets that Foxy would win on the strength of her match record. But these yearly comps were not matches. A designated slipper was employed to ensure fair law and in the end Alans Dancer killed the most hares.....a week after she had won the doubled up comp....which may well have favoured speedy dogs against "fen plodders". Dancer won it both ways......and the Temple Bruer on hard stoney going the previous season!

I think Craig has bred more pups....but whatever....both these men stand atop the pinnacle of U.K. lurcher coursing history, i.m.h.o.

An excellent appraisal D.

Respect to you Bolio..... :victory:

Both men are legends in the coursing world. That's all we need to know. :victory: :victory:

They were champions at a time when winning meant running against some top dogs. :thumbs: :thumbs:

And hares were given fair law, not slipped on as soon as they left their forms, or were kicked up with the dog slipped before they were even into their stride.

• Like 4

How meny dogs did these men go through to get these dogs that were so good we all no dogs have there day same as a runner a hourse etc its all about being as fit as possible and peking at the right time with dogs othere things come in to it like a good mouth noing when to go up and down gears a bit a wind and heart to keep going or did thay just no how and when to get the dog to peak just a Question