malc1.my friend has a malxg and he run it on hard frosty ground early this morning and it caught after a long course .these malxg gsdxg have such good feet strong pads and are so well constructed .they can take whaht greyhoundy lurchers canott.as you obviously know

• Like 1

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

use to see alot of that cross years ago in the tinkers camps with the lab crosses seen to be making a come back with some of the boys good luck to you when you get your pups

This dog was bred locally, back in the day,..he killed most critters that he encountered...  

Posted Images

trigger2 .he was deerhoundlurcher x gsd.tremendous stamina not very fast the cwd at woburn used to burn him off in the dark no lamp .after a field or two the cwd would settle down in a ditch or hedge thinking oh i burned him off .little did he or she realise that he was running along at speed tracking in the dark .he would suddenly appear out of the darkness into the hedge or ditch killed them where they lay nearly every time. would chase hares beagle style for miles worked thick bramble and hawthorn hedges pushed lots of rabitts pheashants foxes out for the shotgun.was not very fast but was a very determined killer

socks. i have never said first cross cxg couldnt stay

I have a lurcher to lurcher bred pup here at the moment that's 6 months old and she has stamina to burn ... I was taking her twice a week on the quad for 5 miles at 12 miles an hour ... I am now up to every other day for 8 miles at 12 miles an hour and on the non quad days she gets a 5 mile walk free running ... No matter what I throw at this bitch she still gets back and dives over the other dogs and play barks for them to chase her around the garden .... If she keeps going the way she is now she will have no problems putting in a 5 day a week work load ........

• Like 1

Collie grey saluki with a touch of bull ... She has thrown to the collie with an edge of saluki mentality wise and has taken on the saluki stamina with the speed of the greyhound ... I am very happy with the way she is progressing at this early stage ......

He was a very racy first cross GSD.

Ninety per cent of the gsd first crosses seem to carry a heavy stamp to the gsd. Much more than any other first cross.

However, I wouldn't be put off a pup that was very gsd looking.I used to have a pure gsd that could do everything a lurcher could do except catch daytime hares.I wish I had had the sense to put her to a greyhound. They say you only get one cracking dog in your lifetime and she was mine.

darbo .the one on the left is spider

socks.collie brains saluki both stayers plus bull to give her more muscle power wih greyhound for speed

Yep that's why I whent for this pup ... Plus the both parents are very good workers ........

• Like 1