Do U Have To Notify The Police If U Move Ur Cabinet To Some Where Else In Ur House

The only legal requirement is when you change your permanent address,

Without looking, I believe it says on your SGC that security of the firearms rests with the certificate holder, so providing you are happy with your workmanship and that it has no more chance of being broken into than before, you are fine.

Personally, I would inform them out of courtesy that the cabinet has been moved. They may just make a note of where in the house it now sits.

yes you do mate.

they will want to check its securly fitted.

Well i bought a bigger safe and had to inform my flo who came to make sure it was fastened to the wall properly.And it was in the same place as the smaller one.

There is no legal requirement to inform your region if you simply relocate, sell or indeed add any cabinet in your current address.

If your region has imposed some condition on you that you must tell them ask why, or simply ask them to point you in the direction of any part of any of the Firearms Acts that requires this?

Security is YOUR responsibility!

You are obliged to advise your region if you move house and they will then decide if they wish to inspect your cabinet or not, quite commonly not.

my lad got his SGC a few month back during his interview the FAO said if we moved the cabinate to ring and they would re-check and if we moved house we should try to install a new cabinate before moving so it can be checked before housing guns??? (yeh made of money)

I moved house and sent my fac for change of address, they never came out. Just see them every 5 years that's it. Brought another cabinet yesterday, won't bother telling them. As has been said security is up to the holder not them. There is no law saying you need a cabinet. But they won't give you your ticket without one

Some varied answers above,last post has thrown a other situation in the original post,when I informed them of move of address both times,not only did they not visit,when I asked about change of address on my cert I was told to wait till the renewal,I found this also a bit odd as that was a couple of years away,but yes same answer on both occasions,so everytime I bought ammo,shells,or guns the address was not where it showed on computer system,but still I never had and probs,i was just asked if I had recently moved by the gun shops,that went on till renewal,the worlds gone mad

Atb