Not The Breed He Was Supposed To Be!

Well I found out a few days ago that my pups breeding is different to what I bought him as. I saw both parents when I bought him, the dad is pure Saluki but I was told that the mum was Collie/beddy/grey and to be honest from the look of her she could have been.

Found out differently the other day though, as the breeder only recently found out her true breeding and she is Wheaten x grey x Wheaten x Whippet. Not surprised at all by this as my pup does look like a Wheaten- he's certainly got the coat!

Not bothered cos the owner wasn't to know, just felt funny that I thought my pup had a different make up!

Here's a couple of pics of him (1/2 Saluki, 1/4 Wheaten, 1/8th grey,1/8th whippet!):

Looks like a Wheaten here, he's quite hairy!

804046_10152668374530164_312660794_n.jpg

Looking more Saluki:

730690_10152465344010164_1059328234_n.jp

What do people of make of crosses with Wheaten Terrier?

• Like 1

you wont go too far wrong with him Id say,stamina a plenty hopefully, a bit of a rocket out of the traps and with the wheaten,courage a plenty.what more could you ask for,just make sure you bring him on nice and steady and he should do anything you ask of him,He is aloso a looker in my eyes and not a dog to draw attention to you while walking the land.Best of luck with him.

• Like 1

Well I found out a few days ago that my pups breeding is different to what I bought him as. I saw both parents when I bought him, the dad is pure Saluki but I was told that the mum was Collie/beddy/grey and to be honest from the look of her she could have been.

Found out differently the other day though, as the breeder only recently found out her true breeding and she is Wheaten x grey x Wheaten x Whippet. Not surprised at all by this as my pup does look like a Wheaten- he's certainly got the coat!

Not bothered cos the owner wasn't to know, just felt funny that I thought my pup had a different make up!

Here's a couple of pics of him (1/2 Saluki, 1/4 Wheaten, 1/8th grey,1/8th whippet!):

Looks like a Wheaten here, he's quite hairy!

804046_10152668374530164_312660794_n.jpg

Looking more Saluki:

730690_10152465344010164_1059328234_n.jp

What do people of make of crosses with Wheaten Terrier?

very nice dog that!