Black Dogs

THAT WHIPPET ALWAYS GOT SOMETHING FOR SALE LOL

he will give them away to close friends and stay in contact and probably dig to them one time or another..................seeing how they are doing and having the crack is better than money ............

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really find it hard to believe this is an issue & a few inches makes any difference, especially to a woman.....are you genuinely talking about terrier size & not about your tackle? Lol

if the dog,s any good it will dig on if it want,s to get there it will

Mate i dont want to come accross too blunt, but if your wife has the say in what type/size/colour etc of 'working' terrier you get, i think maybe one of the toy/pet breeds wouild suit you better.  

THAT WHIPPET ALWAYS GOT SOMETHING FOR SALE LOL

he will give them away to close friends and stay in contact and probably dig to them one time or another..................seeing how they are doing and having the crack is better than money ............
thats the way things should be, but if anyone ever gifted me a pup I wouldn't hesitate in handing over some coin for theirs kindness and to give them back something for rearing the litter in the 1st place, there's still people with good morals out there.
  • Like 1

Now my pup has reached around the 6 month mark she'll be going outside in the next couple if weeks once I've actually got around to building the runs! I'm thinking of getting another pup in the near future ( if mine makes the grade, and ends up in sick bay I have a second terrier ) my misses only likes a smaller terrier and because she's the one who looks after them during the day while I'm at work I have to respect that she has an opinion and we've both take. A massive shine to the black dogs so I'm just thinking in advance and maybe trying to get some insight in different people's litters. So basically after a long winded post ( lol sorry ) does anyone breed the smaller stockier type patterdales? Preferably with very little bull blood and if so any pics of previous litters how they turned out in conformation head size and just size in general? I'm not after the leggier type patterdale! Thanks

Mate i dont want to come accross too blunt, but if your wife has the say in what type/size/colour etc of 'working' terrier you get, i think maybe one of the toy/pet breeds wouild suit you better.

Yours in sport Pernod

• Like 2

Now my pup has reached around the 6 month mark she'll be going outside in the next couple if weeks once I've actually got around to building the runs! I'm thinking of getting another pup in the near future ( if mine makes the grade, and ends up in sick bay I have a second terrier ) my misses only likes a smaller terrier and because she's the one who looks after them during the day while I'm at work I have to respect that she has an opinion and we've both take. A massive shine to the black dogs so I'm just thinking in advance and maybe trying to get some insight in different people's litters. So basically after a long winded post ( lol sorry ) does anyone breed the smaller stockier type patterdales? Preferably with very little bull blood and if so any pics of previous litters how they turned out in conformation head size and just size in general? I'm not after the leggier type patterdale! Thanks

Yours in sport Pernod

she doesn't have the say as per such i want a patterdale aswell but the size shape ect didn't bother me but she likes the look of the shorter stockier type so I can compromise with how the dog Looks if its the fact I can get a patterdale..... Plus she looks after them during the day so why can't she decide on a type of looking dog, it will still get worked( if turns out alright ) the way any other dog that we keep

Hi, what happens if the dog gets smashed up while working? She won't be to happy with you then and you'll find it hard to talk her round to letting it out with you again. I keep my girlfriend away from my working dogs, dont let her get too attached!

Cheers,

Wideboy. :D

hi she knows the score with what could happen with the dogs so that isn't a factor, in the sense I mean the she looks after them during the day is that she will feed walk and clean them out, nothing more nothing less, I do the same surya on the evening but spend more time with the dogs,..... I do d it fun y how some people react to a post, the post is quite simple really but people tend to turn it into something it isn't! Just because someone wants a dog to look a particular way doesn't mean it will get treated any other way, we have to live with the dogs so why can't I have a dog looks a particular way? As said the thread was simply asking to see any piks of litters that people have bred in the past or theire line so I can see what sorts is out there and if its something that suits what I'm looking for....

Hi, what happens if the dog gets smashed up while working? She won't be to happy with you then and you'll find it hard to talk her round to letting it out with you again. I keep my girlfriend away from my working dogs, dont let her get too attached!

Cheers,

hi she knows the score with what could happen with the dogs so that isn't a factor, in the sense I mean the she looks after them during the day is that she will feed walk and clean them out, nothing more nothing less, I do the same surya on the evening but spend more time with the dogs,..... I do d it fun y how some people react to a post, the post is quite simple really but people tend to turn it into something it isn't! Just because someone wants a dog to look a particular way doesn't mean it will get treated any other way, we have to live with the dogs so why can't I have a dog looks a particular way? As said the thread was simply asking to see any piks of litters that people have bred in the past or theire line so I can see what sorts is out there and if its something that suits what I'm looking for....
Was just putting it out there cause my missus used to freak out when something happened to a dog. True thats away from the subject, hope you get your dog you are after mate atb
i know what your saying pal, but she has seen a few marked up dogs and she knows what the working side of it includes which she is fine about because she knows that this is my hobbie and the dogs have a job to do, in saying that she probably will have a little moan but woman are temperamental so it comes part and parcel with beig I. A relationship lol

At the exspense of sounding sexist,i had to read this post through twice,your wife is telling you how long your dogs legs can be,amazing.

shes not telling me how long the dogs legs can be, she's saying how she likes them. Wether I choose to get a dog short/ long legged is a different matter

Cheers,

Thats one word i hate when people talk about working terriers. My terrier got smashed UP.I think knocked up sounds better

• Like 2

Cheers,

Thats one word i hate when people talk about working terriers. My terrier got smashed UP.I think knocked up sounds better

its an ego word,...........

I agree with being shorter leg the dog if better at hunting I own 2 jacks and one is stocky but short leg the other is only a few inches taller and when they hunt rabbits the short leg dog will go after them then they run into thick bush the other stop short and the shorter dog makes more kills