Spring Rifle Delight

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just a quick post all,   Today I was joined for a shoot by a man I consider to be one of the best shots out there and a credit to the sport. Unfortunately though my new rifle is still being tinkered

I was at my local club earlier solihull rifle club and a generous lady let me shoot her hw95 it had a sfs stage 1 tune and it was unreal the trigger was awsome. I could even imagine what a stage two f

hi Phil nice one buddy,enjoy it while it last's! i know how much this rifle means to Si. so lets hope your's is back with you soon! as i know he will be itching to shoot it again   nice Gesture

Posted Images

I handled a lovely hw80 today that was silky smooth to cock and fire and the added weight over the 95 helped with its handling. I've owned a hw95 that was stage 1 tuned and was a delight to fire but because of its weight meant I couldn't truly get on with it which was a real shame. If I was to get another break barrel my money would be going on a 98 or an 80 tuned.

• Like 1

I'm bringing my 80 on sunday to shoot the afternoon round, or just to play on the plinking range with, so youre welcome to have a go on that mate, I've tried the 98 and really like it but I think a well tuned 80 would be the better gun, particularly as they can be stage 2 tuned and respond really well to the treatment. Although mine is loony tuned by andy on here,i can't see it really being worth getting it S2'd as its the mutts nuts as is.

• Like 1

a proper work horse is the hw80. a very nice gun and was nearly the first ever gun i bought. in the end i thought sod it and went down the pcp route with a brand new hw100 in 22. another top gun. pound for pound hw guns do take some beating.

hi everyone, my first post been reading and researching on yt before buying my first air rifle and si pittaway has me sold on sfs tuned 97kt,and after seeing him take a rabbit at 69 metres i just had to buy one from sfs today,and a reasonable price to.

hi everyone, my first post been reading and researching on yt before buying my first air rifle and si pittaway has me sold on sfs tuned 97kt,and after seeing him take a rabbit at 69 metres i just had to buy one from sfs today,and a reasonable price to.

no offence mate, but dont just go straight out and think just because you have the same rifle you will be able to do this...

springers need A LOT of practice, time and effort to strart achieveing good, consistent results..

shoot plenty of paper targets at different ranges before you start trying to shoot live animals.

SKoT

• Like 1

no offence taken skot i am under no illusions i will properly never be the shot si pittaway is. i know there is going to have to be lots of practice getting to know the rifle and being confident of making good clean kills before venturing out into the field. hi mawders tony said about 4 weeks for the stage 2 tune which i went for.tony was very helpful with advice on which scope to go for gone for hawke panorama 4x12x50. anyone got one of these?what are they like?

• Like 1

Yeah loads of us have the same scope mate. Si has the same one on his 97 and I have the same one but with a 40mm objective instead of the 50mm you have gone for. It will be the longest 4 weeks of your life waiting for it, but when you get it you will be well chuffed.

thanks mawders,time seems to be moving in slow motion.spent a lot of time researching what to get pcp, gas ram, or springer. can't see the point of getting cheap rifle and quickly afterwards wanting something better.ti think i have made a good choice thanks to si and his yt videos.

just been looking at your post of 60 yard club nice shooting and sweet looking 97kt hope mine has some nice grain to it also like that woven sling who makes it if you don't mind me asking.

cheers mate ;)

If i remember right, its a bisley sling. about £20 i think it was.

my gun stock does look quite nice, i think it does anyway lol, but there all different! if your shop has to order 1 in for you, you might get a nice one or a 'boring' one. lol.

if they already have a few in for sale then i guess you could choose the best one :)