Crusty Ears

my whippet x lugs has went all scabby around the outer edge of his lugs i noticed this about a month ago and it seemed to be clearing but its coming back and when i looked again tonight there seems to be something that burrowed in on his right ear is this ear mites if so what can i use to clear it up or should i just get him to the vets

PS the show seasons coming up he wont win with crusty ears lol

Check for lice/fleas/mites/scabies, then check for skin infections, in a normal, healthy, happy dog, that is the most usual cause. Clipping the fur away, and cleaning and using something like hibiscrub can help with skin infections.

thanks Lara he was flead and wormed 2 weeks ago now ive checked him over and cant see any sign of mites or ticks ive just ordered some hibscrub so i will see how it goes thanks how often should i bathe him with hibs thanks

yeah he is mate i never thought it could be the weather though theres no chance of any draft in his box

My advice is to put a bit of vaseline about his ears... Protect from chapping... once you have ruled out any form of insect/mite etc...

thanks Lara he was flead and wormed 2 weeks ago now ive checked him over and cant see any sign of mites or ticks ive just ordered some hibscrub so i will see how it goes thanks how often should i bathe him with hibs thanks

Couple of times a day, and dry them well after, and then some vaseline on the good skin bits. Just keep an eye for the scabs getting infected.