• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I try to find a zero that takes out just about all your hold under and only leaves you with hold over.

36yrds is the 'optimal' according to chairgun but you will find most 177 zeroed to 35yards and as Skot said it will depend on your power and pellet choices and your preference of course - but you will

My HW 77 is zeroed at 27 yds as well. Never really needed to change it.

my hw100kt in 177 is at a 27yard zero and works for me it all comes down to personal preferences though. ATB Aaron

Thats what i usually zero mine at too Aaron.

It removed hold under brilliantly and as long as you know your aim points at your set mag its deadly out to 55 / 60 yards rifle, scope and scope depending.

What would you say is best 35yards or 27yards? ZINI

Hi

I think Si had said 27 yards

Yes as i used to zero mine at 20 yards and shoot out to 60 yards download chair gun pro enter your info such as B.C, zero range, pellet, mag, scope height, also your muzzle velocity.Then where it say's zero range right click it and optimise ozr then it will give you the best range to stay with in the kill zone.Also when you have done this print of a milldot chart then you should be smack on hope this helps :thumbs:

http://www.deben.com/chairgun-pro.html

• Like 1

I've had a Ultra .177 for about 18 months and use it a lot for hunting. it's zeroed at 30yrds and I only need hold under if quarry comes really close, but in those circumstances i tilt the gun and aim down the barrel anyway.

I've tried pretty much every pellet through it and the trusty Air Arms feild work best for mine.

I hope you don't mind me offering this opinion pal (and it is just my humble opinion) ...... it would appear from your post that you intend to use her for target shooting?? Don't get me wrong... i love my Ultra to death and we've been on many many excellent hunts together... but i don't find her to be a good "target rifle"

The ultra's strengths lie in its compact design (great for quick target acquisition and shooting in tight spaces like barns or from a car) and its super-light weight (not so hard to carry round looking for quarry). neither of these qualities are what i would personally look for in a target rifle.

Also, as its not regulated, i find its a little unpredictable (first 5 and last 10 tend to be out a little) its OK for hitting a bunnies head at 35yrds, but trying to put pellet on pellet at 70yrds will be tough.

One last point i've found with my Ultra is that it recoils (very slightly) a little bit like a springer and as such it doesn't like a bi-pod... i've found mine shoots much better off a soft bean-bag type rest.

If i've miss-read your post and you are using the rifle for hunting, you'll be a very happy man! They are supurb! if you are using it for target shooting i'd love to know how you get on buddy, there are guys out there using them brilliantly for target shooting.

ATB,

B.

Thanks for the advice Bernard. I do intend on using the rifle for hunting mate just until I get used to it with it being a new gun to me and new calibre I'm going to get as much practice in with it target shooting until I am 100% sure of being able to get that 1 shot kill at every range I shoot at I'm also going to get it regulated I got a price off some guy on Facebook ( the rat works ) what also includes getting the action tuned I was told so will be getting that done for when I'm at my plinking club. Thanks again for the advice it's appreciated.

Atb Rodge.

Thanks for the advice Bernard. I do intend on using the rifle for hunting mate just until I get used to it with it being a new gun to me and new calibre I'm going to get as much practice in with it target shooting until I am 100% sure of being able to get that 1 shot kill at every range I shoot at I'm also going to get it regulated I got a price off some guy on Facebook ( the rat works ) what also includes getting the action tuned I was told so will be getting that done for when I'm at my plinking club. Thanks again for the advice it's appreciated.

Atb Rodge.

you wont go far wrong with a tuned regged ultra for accuracy mate, for hunting and targets and phil (ratworks) does a fine jod had some bits and bobs off phil top service and highly reccomended ATB Aaron

Ahh cheers mate. Yeah I heard a few good posts about his work now. I had a scorpion t10 that was blueprinted and I couldn't knock it. It was spot on but I fancied a change to .177 so if it ends up anywhere near that after a reg and tune I will be a happy man. I was getting 10p sized groups at 65 metres so hopefully with more practice and the above mods I can get it a lot tighter.

Atb Rodge.

My S200 is zeroed at 30 metres. Because the pellet travels in a parabola (and not straight) that gives me zero at 10 metres and 30 metres.

At 20 metres the pellet is at it's highest on it's parabola so surely there has to be some compensation for that?