G'day Folks,

I've just registered after completeing a somewhat tedious registration process. After being asked 'What colour is the sky?' I looked outside and then entered grey, as it's raining here. The system didn't like that so it prompted for another question. This time it asked me 'What colour are most trees leaves?' Tempted to put red or gold, I refrained and put green even though its the chlorophyll that is green and not the leaves themselves. Maybe I should get out more and not be so pedantic. Or maybe the questions should just be worded better.

That aside, I'd like to introduce myself and tell you all a little of my background. I used to subscribe to another shooting forum (PW) but for one thing and another felt it had run its course. I found this site whilst looking for dates for the Kent Game & Equine Fair only to find that someone had posted on here that it wont be it's own entity as such this year. Shame really. Still, I had a brief look and decided to join to see how this fairs to the last forum.

I enjoy a bit of rabbiting either with a friend of mine whom has a trio of ferrets. If I'm going out by myself then I'll take the air rifle (Air Arms S410) for rabbits and woodies. I didn't get out much last winter which I really missed.

Mrs Mustard and I enjoy a bit of clay shooting (12g Berreta Ultralight for me and a Silver Pigeon V 20g for Mrs M) but, again, we haven't been for a while. Need to get back in to it really. I have a couple of place where I'm lucky to have permission to shoot. Favourite dish with rabbit is my signature Rabbit & Chorizo risotto dish. Very tasty. I'm a heating engineer & plumber by trade and work for myself. I'm based in West Kent and very much enjoy the outdoor life. I'm a keen amatuer mycologist so I can tell my blewitt from my St. Georges Mushroom from a Cep, etc. I also enjoy Sea fishing when I can.

I think that will do without it sounding like a lonely hearts ad. If you need help with your heating or plumbing then drop me a line and I'll ee if I can help you out.

All the best,

The Colonel.

I refrained and put green even though its the chlorophyll that is green and not the leaves themselves. Maybe I should get out more and not be so pedantic

Actually being pedantic, the leaves ARE green BECAUSE of the chlorophyll.

Or more precisely the leaves "are green" when illuminated with white (meaning the generally accepted broad spectrum of visible (to the standard, healthy human eye)) light due to the wavelengths absorbed by the chemical bonds present in chlorophyll.

Obviously we haven't defined "are green", but I am seriously hoping the current fog won't last long enough to do that and I can get out again :)

PS WELCOME :)

Edited by Cliff Ray

Thank you for the warm welcome guys. I can see that Cliff Ray and I are on a similar wave length. The only question is are we at polar opposites or are we sinnging from the same hymn sheet? On that note, I torn between doing paperwork ready for when the book keeper comes in on Monday or going to the cinema on my own like a proper Billy No-Mates and see a flick? I actually like the latter as you don't get any kids ponving around. Christ, I must be getting old!

welcome (can i say without offence),

this must be a piss take :laugh::thumbs:

if not and you sit in your under pants playing the piano with a spud hanging out i do apologize :thumbs:

Eh? So you're the bugger that's been spying on me through the crack in the fence down my back passage are you? I'll be keeping my eye on you, so you just watch it! And what do you know about my tuber collection that that look like various body parts? Have you been fumbling around in my shed too? You cheeky blighter, I'll set the dogs on you. And pop a cap in your ass with my blunderbuss! (By the way, did you see that Dahlia tuber that looks like a small pair of monkey bollocks? PMSL when I saw that one.). (That should irk the mods) Lol.

• Like 1