Beardie Collie Half X On Lamp!!!

Hello all

I have a beardie collie half cross DH out of Hector. He is coming up the the age of 2 and this has been his first session on lamp.

He has caught only a couple of rabbits on the lamp which he outwitted. In a flat out run on short wheat he has no hope. Just not fast enough.

Is he a lost cause or do you think he will get better with time.

Regards Roger

Some places you go the ground will suit the dog and other places the ground will suit the rabbit!

I would try him in places the ground suits the dog get his confidence up, that line suffers from confidence, my wee bitch used to be a bit half hearted until see got her first rabbit then turned into a killing machine.

Seen couple of real good lamp dogs from Hancocks hector, every pup can be good but I wouldn't give up on the dog just yet.

• Like 1

Hello all

I have a beardie collie half cross DH out of Hector. He is coming up the the age of 2 and this has been his first session on lamp.

He has caught only a couple of rabbits on the lamp which he outwitted. In a flat out run on short wheat he has no hope. Just not fast enough.

Regards Roger

he,ll never make a lamping dog but might excell along with the ferret,s and a bitta neting.

Hello all

Regards Roger

he,ll never make a lamping dog but might excell along with the ferret,s and a bitta neting.

Half cross collie greyhound will never make a lamping dog???

• Like 1

Hello all

Regards Roger

Most f***ing idiotic quote I have ever read on this forum - hounddog3 = retard!!!!

• Like 3

So your say half cross r rubbish on the lamp. I was under the impression at they where good at catching rabbits as they r the ideal height.

I was also under the impression at what they lacked in speed they made up for with intelligence !!!

Regards Roger

So your say half cross r rubbish on the lamp. I was under the impression at they where good at catching rabbits as they r the ideal height.

I was also under the impression at what they lacked in speed they made up for with intelligence !!!

Regards Roger

You have PM!!!!

• Like 1

Don't give up on him just yet mate.. I have a whippet x bitch 19"tts little racey fast bitch. Had her out back end if last season (her 1st) thinking she would Hoover the rabbits up being so quick and nimble, to my Suprise she was getting straight lined and over shooting when turning. Many people would have wrote her off but I stuck with her gave her a few squatters, walking right on to them then slipping her. After a while the penny dropped and she now uses her gears, can turn on a six pence, retrieves live to hand and dosent miss a lot at all. It's all about building the dogs confidence up, I'm sure if you give the dog a few easy runs, plenty of praise he will come good. He might not be the fastest dog being a half cross but lole some one already mentioned what he lacks in speed he will gain in brain. I've seen my pals pit x staff catch rabbits on the lamp so don't write him off just yet. Wez

Hello all

Regards Roger

Thank fuc@ for this place. I was thinking of getting a half cross for my next lamper.Nice to know they all wont make the grade. Ha Ha

I think someone should tell the Don dog that, i hear he has a sprinkle of collie in him.

Yours in sport Pernod

• Like 1

Hello all

I have a beardie collie half cross DH out of Hector.

Regards Roger

What's the DH? Is he half deerhound?

That would be Dave Hancock but stick to the thread. As beardies r slow to mature would this be a factor

Regards Roger