Deerhound X (No Greyhound)

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Half deerhound No greyhound

Thats how I am pretty much but I could never hunt my dogs in that kinda heat. They would most likely be dead in a hurry. But as far as the ground goes. I have never once even gave that a considerat

Not sure why you would want a deerhound X with no grey?

Posted Images

I run 3 dogs with almost no greyhound (1/16th grey). They never seem to break unless they get wrapped up in barbed wire, don't lack speed at all which surprised me. I don't like greyhound blood as the country I hunt and game I hunt will wreck one in no time.

What's their breeding?

They're bitsas. Irish wolfhound, borzoi, deerhound with 1/16th grey is the mother and two pups out of her to a ridgeback pit wolf deer grey lol. Was an accidental breeding but worked out ok.

Interesting that they are all smooth coated with so many rough coated dogs in their breeding. They look solid useful sorts anyway: love their big strong feet.

• Like 1

Nice lookin dogs and I love your rig or do yall still call em yutes or whatnot?

Yeah we call em utes. Looking to upgrade so I can cover the properties I hunt properly. The little 2wd just don't cut it

Yeah skycat weak footed dogs don't last long in my yard. Yeah you're not wrong about them being smooth. The mother of the two others both parents were very rough coated, she was the only smooth coat in the litter.

Heat doesn't worry them much at all but I won't work them on a day that's over 35 degrees. I don't even think about the ground when I go out so it doesn't worry them either

Thats how I am pretty much but I could never hunt my dogs in that kinda heat. They would most likely be dead in a hurry. But as far as the ground goes. I have never once even gave that a consideration and I never will. Wet, dry, frozen, muddy as hell....it has no bearing on what we do. That kinda heat though would kill pretty much every single one of my fast dogs.

• Like 2

The bitch furtherest to the right in the pic feels the heat. In saying that the two others really don't feel it much at all, but I do try to make their runs as short as possible to avoid injuries.