Day Walkers

Show dogs?...now your just being a cheeky fecker KC haha...my mutts ain't the best but wouldn't be the worst either..well maybe they would be the worst if they went out of their comfort zone lol..I ain't fussed...the new kids on the block are on their way haha

you never know pal until you tested them could have a gem in one of them 2. we all buy are pups and take are chance :thumbs:

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a sad fact that too many lurcher owners these days see their dogs as some sort of kudos thing. Whatever happened to the lurchers which went out quietly and worked with no fanfare,no shouting, no

You know what I'm sick of reading on here, day walkers bragging about their dogs and when it comes to the crunch, don't live up to the hype. It's f***ing easy to bum up a dog on here, get couple of yo

A good dog is exactly that don't matter a shite if it runs day,night,field or fen...sadly it's just part of the dog scene all this knocking of dogs and snidey remarks about their owners...to a degree

Baw seem's to me like you are having a wee dig at "Bulldozer" mate, make no mistake he is a "real" dog he's not just a "fen dog" he does his job wherever he's run, as people will see when the lad's put the d.v.d out, as far as "the money" side of the game goes then in part I agree but let me put it like this when your buying performance livestock whether it is Racing pigeon's, greyhound's, or racehorses your buying a bundle of "gene's" that is the top and bottom of it :thumbs: even the best "breed" rubbish BUT the chance's of getting something good with the performance that you are looking for is FAR greater if you buy from well bred top performance line's you won't get a "Derby" winner from two "pit pony's would you no matter how many times you bred them together ? but the chances of getting a top class animal from say "FRANKEL" are a million times more likely :yes: so at the end of the day for the price that the lad's charge for pup's from 30 or 40 year's of "selective" breeding line's are not "over the top" as far as the £1000 stud fee goes that is well worth the money when you consider the price's that are paid for well bred pup's and I'm sure that the only lad's who will pay that are "serious" about their sport and it also help's to keep the "dreamer's and messer's" away ! :victory:

he didnt want to go over the water for a re match

With all due respect why should he ? 700 mile round trip to run field rabbits ?? when there's hundreds of place's within a 100 mile's of him with exactly the same sort of land ?? Gorger come's over here because he want's to test his dog on the best so he has to come over here and fair-play to him it show's real commitment and dedication to his sport, if the rabbit's were better "over there then I doubt very much that he'd be coming over here to "test" his dog ??? :victory:

TO SHOW THAT HE IS A TRUE SPORTS MAN WHICH HE IS NOT THAT'S WHY

Heard a few tales about fen dogs jacking but lads trying to keep a lid on things so as not to ruin the reputation & breeding potential of the dogs.....I think the coursing lads should possibly have their own section, surely its insulting to these dedicated elite of hunting men that their wonderdogs should even share a section with John Smiths potlicker who has killed a few rabbits out lamping or ferreting. I apologise for even mentioning them in the same breath

• Like 7

Well, I'm just glad that our bitch is catcing VERY well, and that she's got NO saluki or match bred blood in her. All I can say is that you lads that feel the need to 'match' your dogs or whatever, need to get a grip on reality, they're just dogs at the end of the day, wake up :drink:

• Like 1

You know what I'm sick of reading on here, day walkers bragging about their dogs and when it comes to the crunch, don't live up to the hype. It's f***ing easy to bum up a dog on here, get couple of your mates to agree or better still, have a few accounts yourself to verify the claims.

Take the Lucas and bulldozer match. Both dogs before the match killing 5/5, a 4,5,6 minute course the norm. That's half an hour of flat out running. Some dogs to do that. Plenty to back up the claims 'with me own eyes'. Best 2 dogs on the net if not the isles if you believe the hype. Finally we all get a chance to hear what these mighty hare slayers can do on the most worshipped ground....... 2 f***ing hares each. And at that one is a kick up, bravo, give me a pup pleeeeease.

Then the self claimed winner of the draw(yes the kick up merchant) goes on to race in the coveted forley cup. This cup has be heralded as the ultimate test for all lurchers, your dogs some dog to win this...... Only the best have done it..... Result? 3/3? 4/4? 5/5? No, 2 f***ing hares and one was already f***ing run!!!!

Now I'm only using these 2 dogs as examples of the bullshit that gets spewed on here on a daily bases. Iceman had a puppy competition, I glanced at it occasionally. Think it ran from August to May. These dogs were the offspring of super dogs that folk could recite the ancestory away back to roman times. Most of what I read the dogs were catching f**k all. Pups from legendary dogs, f**k all???? So I ask you, why the f**k do these dogs get bummed up to f**k but when it's time to show your hand, the owners are left standing with their pants down!!! Is it because its all just hype to sell pups? Surely not...

I can sympathise with your annoyance Baw, but as for Lucas ,though I have not seen him run myself, a couple of respected. experienced dog men, whose opinions I trust have and they rate him a very good animal indeed.

On some land a lot of decent dogs can make a catch or two,and flatter only to deceive when they are on other ground where the quarry is either turbo-charged and straight lines them.or there is an abundance of hedges and drains for them to throw off the dog and pipe into.

The fact that his owner has been willing to run him in public out of his comfort zone of home ground ,speaks for itself. he has run and caught his game on all sorts of ground . i think it is a given he is the real deal. The other dog is still young and may improve further so I'd say its too soon to give a definitive opinion of him because he may get even better.

Good points mate. I wasn't really aiming it at Lucas as much as I was bulldozer but had to include him cos that was the match. Gorger has stood up to the plate, stood toe to toe with 'the best fen dog' on the fens. I've a lot of respect for that and gorger knows that. Yes bulldozer is a young dog but wouldn't you agree, if he's young and relatively unproven, all the more reason he shouldn't be at stud? £1000 at that, blimey, says what the coursing lads are all about now don't you think?

The owner of Bulldozer is entitled to charge what he likes for a lining.

As to whether it is worth it ? I couldnt possibly comment .

Edited by inan
  • Like 1

Baw seem's to me like you are having a wee dig at "Bulldozer" mate, make no mistake he is a "real" dog he's not just a "fen dog" he does his job wherever he's run, as people will see when the lad's put the d.v.d out, as far as "the money" side of the game goes then in part I agree but let me put it like this when your buying performance livestock whether it is Racing pigeon's, greyhound's, or racehorses your buying a bundle of "gene's" that is the top and bottom of it :thumbs: even the best "breed" rubbish BUT the chance's of getting something good with the performance that you are looking for is FAR greater if you buy from well bred top performance line's you won't get a "Derby" winner from two "pit pony's would you no matter how many times you bred them together ? but the chances of getting a top class animal from say "FRANKEL" are a million times more likely :yes: so at the end of the day for the price that the lad's charge for pup's from 30 or 40 year's of "selective" breeding line's are not "over the top" as far as the £1000 stud fee goes that is well worth the money when you consider the price's that are paid for well bred pup's and I'm sure that the only lad's who will pay that are "serious" about their sport and it also help's to keep the "dreamer's and messer's" away ! :victory:

Personally I would not use a stud until I was sure it was throwing quality pups.

There has been plenty of very good dogs that threw relatively little of any worth.

The greatest male coursing greyhound Master McGrath never produced a pup worth two bob.

I will not name some of the great male saluki crosses that did the same , you can make your own lists.

If I liked that blood line, I would be more inclined to go back to the dog that produced him [,if he is still around], because he at least has proven himself at stud.This supposes that he has produced other top animals,after all. "one swallow does not a summer make".

Sky cat had a very good bitch some years ago, but its brother and sister never produced the same form, they were in different hands , who is on the other end of the lead is prettty important too, imo.

Some of the most influential day time stud dogs were not world beaters , but have consistantly thrown good offspring.

At the end of the day," you pays your money ,and takes your choice" .No one holds a gun to your head.

Edited by inan
  • Like 5

Personally I would not use a stud until I was sure it was throwing quality pups.

There has been plenty of very good dogs that threw relatively little of any worth.

The greatest male coursing greyhound Master McGrath never produced a pup worth two bob.

I will not name some of the great male saluki crosses that did the same , you can make your own lists.

If I liked that blood line, I would be more inclined to go back to the dog that produced him [,if he is still around], because he at least has proven himself at stud.This supposes that he has produced other top animals,after all. "one swallow does not a summer make".

Sky cat had a very good bitch some years ago, but its brother and sister never produced the same form, they were in different hands , who is on the other end of the lead is prettty important too, imo.

Some of the most influential day time stud dogs were not world beaters , but have consistantly thrown good offspring.

At the end of the day," you pays your money ,and takes your choice" .No one holds a gun to your head.

Good post mate and I agree to a point, the thing I always look at is the "whole" picture in regard's to the breeding and performance of the Stud the thing with Bulldozer is not just his own ability, it's that of his close relatives that are running today, his litter mates are all very good animal's his half sister's are two of the best in the u.k. his parent's grandparent's were all top class the "line" goes back almost 40 years, I think when you look at his breeding credential's the chance of him producing himself is very high more or less guaranteed in fact :victory: which is why I've "booked" his service's for my own bitch in the summer !! :toast: just add that the mother to the bulldozer has bred three Forley winners along with a spewers winner

Edited by carp777

Good post mate and I agree to a point, the thing I always look at is the "whole" picture in regard's to the breeding and performance of the Stud the thing with Bulldozer is not just his own ability, it's that of his close relatives that are running today, his litter mates are all very good animal's his half sister's are two of the best in the u.k. his parent's grandparent's were all top class the "line" goes back almost 40 years, I think when you look at his breeding credential's the chance of him producing himself is very high more or less guaranteed in fact :victory: which is why I've "booked" his service's for my own bitch in the summer !! :toast:

All the best with the litter.

Good post mate and I agree to a point, the thing I always look at is the "whole" picture in regard's to the breeding and performance of the Stud the thing with Bulldozer is not just his own ability, it's that of his close relatives that are running today, his litter mates are all very good animal's his half sister's are two of the best in the u.k. his parent's grandparent's were all top class the "line" goes back almost 40 years, I think when you look at his breeding credential's the chance of him producing himself is very high more or less guaranteed in fact :victory: which is why I've "booked" his service's for my own bitch in the summer !! :toast:

look mate not having a go at you but look what you are saying his half sisters are two of the best in the uk how do you know that?

look mate not having a go at you but look what you are saying his half sisters are two of the best in the uk how do you know that?

No problem mate :thumbs: a brash statement I know but I think the one has had 10 matches this year and won them all running 29 in total and catching 28 of them, the one she missed was a long slip and made it to a wood before she got on it :victory: the lad that own's her has the permission and will run anybody :thumbs: