Rabbit Barrel Trap

Guest foxyforce1

Guest Scuba1
Hi folks, does anyone know where i can buy some rabbit barrel traps? the type with the push door you can use while ferreting? Cheers

First of all, wellcome to the madhouse

Build your own as it is cheaper and more fun. Click here

HTH

Michael

Good link scuba, but i dont think thats what foxy force 1 was reffering to, i think the ones asked about are the cylindrical ones with two flap doors and one solid end that you use to shove into rabbit holes when ferreting on your own, you put them on one side to catch the rabbits and the ferret if it comes out while you watch conventional nets on the otherside.

There is some good footage of these in action on ed cookes rabbiting dvd.

foxy force i think you will find that you will have to get these made up or do it yourself as these are not an off the shelf item, if you however find someone who can or does make them to a good standard, please inform me as i would like to aquire a couple of dozen of them.

Regards MT. B)

Good link scuba, but i dont think thats what foxy force 1 was reffering to, i think the ones asked about are the cylindrical ones with two flap doors and one solid end that you use to shove into rabbit holes when ferreting on your own, you put them on one side to catch the rabbits and the ferret if it comes out while you watch conventional nets on the otherside.

There is some good footage of these in action on ed cookes rabbiting dvd.

foxy force i think you will find that you will have to get these made up or do it yourself as these are not an off the shelf item, if you however find someone who can or does make them to a good standard, please inform me as i would like to aquire a couple of dozen of them.

Regards MT. B)

there were some advertised in the countrymans weekly a while back , might be worth giving them a ring, i think they were about £70 odd for 5 , plastic ends and chicken mesh body, i don,t think they would take alot to make , you just need someone with a welder and willing, the main body could still be made from chicken mesh, havn,t used them myself , but i could see them being handy on a roadside or like mt said ,working on ya own, but you wouldn,t want to be carrying too many

moleys dead right you can buy them from that company called fox shoot or somthing like that, there from down south somwere.

go on to smoochers and trawl through the ferreting section back to end of jan i think i put a post up ferreting in OZ with mitch we used those exact same things. they work well. :thumbs:

Guest nitevision

i thought they looked pretty good when i see them in cmw,but seeing as you had to assemble your self i thought price a bit steep,or am i just lazy and tight :whistling: please dont answer that :big_boss:

Guest foxyforce1

yeah thats the ones, ive actually spoke to ed cook about these traps and he had them specially made but can no longer get them so was looking for a supplier aswell, i have bought a cuple off the molemann.com website but the ends are not solid just mesh which i find hinders the opening of the trap when pushed into the burrow, thatnks for the great feedback guys, much appreciated

Guest foxyforce1

lol the idea behind this trap is to put them over holes you canot reach easily if you are working alone ie at the sides of roads or on the other side of a hedge for example,you know the rabbits are safely in the trap and not gonna kick themselvs out the net before u get there

So, the question still stands, does anyone know someone who sells them or fabricates them, personally would not be interested in those cheap chicken mesh things, would be much happier paying more money and getting something sturdy that would last a good few years. :hmm:

Guest foxyforce1

I dont understand how these are so hard to come by coz there so usefull,I'd have thoght someone would have jumped on the bandwagon and started producin them on scale,theyl make a pretty penny i think

I dont understand how these are so hard to come by coz there so usefull,I'd have thoght someone would have jumped on the bandwagon and started producin them on scale,theyl make a pretty penny i think

good point foxy, im sure now they have been mentioned on here someone will be stood at a gamfair selling them in the near futre. claiming they invented them :clapper: .

then someone will copy them and do a bow back vertion :D or rig a basket up to carry them. :whistling: TOMO :D