All Joking Aside People

It depends on the area and type of rabbit, there was a few escapees at a farm shop I did most of my food shopping from in Lincolnshire and they had been loose for a few years and just hung around. But they probably wouldn't have survived if they ventured too far away from the relative safety of the farm. I would bet a pet rabbit wouldn't last more than a few weeks in an area where dogs are walked and foxes/badgers roam unless they are very very lucky

the pub next door kept hundreds of rabbits in shit and one day left and the rspca came and collected them, but there was a couple left you couldnt even geta look at they were that wild and that was just in a garden. i think it would work but you would need to let a few go to cover losses as i would say 40% would probable die. i would not go to a pet shop, expensive, go to a local livestock market, you can get rabbits for a quid each esp this time of year, fill ya car up and crack on!

livestock market brilliant idea! And yes im sure golfcourses would be good but is it worth the hastle lol Im worried about whether foxes would just come and eat them all up??? Are they going to know how to dig a hole to survive etc!

Wild Rabbits sounds like an idea but i have no land to get them off lol!!!

Cheers for replies guys!

They will have a far better chance if you you set a out live traps for cats or mink.Their was two rabbits that got out of pens in my estate around five years ago and bred they were lovely to see in the summer time lying out in the sun snow white rabbits and brown and white ones their was around 15 by the end of the summer that were full grown.A big feral tom cat picked them off one by one.I dont think they had any burrows for safety id let them go were their was rabbits before or let them go down wild rabbits burrows.When cats get a feel for killing rabbits they do some damage even pet cats a place i used to ferret for years had a pet cat that would catch a rabbit and play with it for hours i took more rabbits of it that were still alive.it even had an area that it would bring them to play flat area away from burrows when it was done playing it would kill it and leave it their.Little fooker was a serious hunter put my ferrets to shame Ha! :laugh:

• Like 2

Ive found a few abandoned fox holes lol i wonder if that would do???? and i know there abandoned dont ask how :whistling:

The area where im thinking hasnt had rabbits since they chucked landfill in the area they used to live about 20 years ago according to my dad, but theres open fields forrest and pond etc sandy banks for burrows so thinking i might have a bash!

they must have cover if you put any down ,foxy will hunt them up in a moment if theres old sheds or burries put them in there ,let them get to know the area ,over the years we have caught plenty of strange coloured rabbits which are defineatly cross breeding ,, by the way im almost sure its illegal to realease any vermin once caught may be wrong (i think foxes are exempt)