Just Been Raped By A Vet!

My 9month old salukigreyxbull was being a bit sulky friday morning, chucked his food back up and started with dioreaha. Therefore I starved him for 24 hours. He started going badly lost 1.8kg since friday. I tried tubing drilite into him 20ml at a time 3 times an hour. He could not keep it down so I rang vets emergency number and 1st appointment was today(I rang saturday mid day).got there dog had a sickness and antibiotic jab. Vet thinks its just a bug from something he's eaten. I got two new syringes for giving him more drylite and 15 amox antibiotics tablets. £4 each for 10ml syringes and £55 for tablets. Pants down comes to mind but I suppose at end of day dog comes 1st

• Like 1

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

£ 55 ain't that bad,, considering its Sunday,, they charge for there time,, and the drugs they sold ya,,, pants down would have been £ 100 plus.   Just noticed your from yorkshire,,,, short arms and

Threads like this always make me chuckle, 7 years at university working your nuts off to become a vet and some clown expects them to come to work, on a Sunday , save their cherished animal and do it a

Your not realy serriouse are you ? 55 is feck all

Posted Images

£ 55 ain't that bad,, considering its Sunday,, they charge for there time,, and the drugs they sold ya,,, pants down would have been £ 100 plus.

Just noticed your from yorkshire,,,, short arms and deep pockets you feckers

• Like 19

£ 55 ain't that bad,, considering its Sunday,, they charge for there time,, and the drugs they sold ya,,, pants down would have been £ 100 plus.

£55 is daylight robbery, they should wear stripey jumpers!!

Don't think over ever been to bottom of my pockets and don't want to either lol tight as a eskimos nad sack and proud lol

thats no too bad the last sunday visit to the vets i had was £180 for 2 hours work and tablets dog didny need

Snap..i took a dog to the vet's on a sunday 3mth ago after a fight with another dog..he was lame on his front leg with infection..i was only in there 10min's i got a 5 day coarse of antibiotic's and the bill was £150..most of that bill was with it being on a sunday..

I think you got off light realy..if they kept the pup in and put it on a drip it would of been a lot more expensive..

He said if I'd of left it till tomorrow it would of been a different story

Why would it of been a different story.. :hmm:

The dog could have been worse, yes - it could also have been a bit better - so it's a judgement call. There is a really nasty gastric bug going around the amount - vomiting, bloody diarrhoea, really pulling the dogs down. I have seen plenty dying with it, and plenty that shook the symptoms off after a few days.

£55 is daylight robbery, they should wear stripey jumpers!!

Don't think over ever been to bottom of my pockets and don't want to either lol tight as a eskimos nad sack and proud lol

Your not realy serriouse are you ? 55 is feck all

• Like 4