177 Or 22 Honest Opinion

If I had to choose between two older guns bsa airsporter or webley mark3 say, with open sights 177 or 22 I would go 22 .but today with quality accurate scopes and 177 guns shooting with the same power as 22 guns .,unlike in the old bsa or webley 177 9ftlbs 22 10ftlbs .As far as I feel ,the 22 is better for hunting was true once, but not today 177 has the edge at 12 ft lbs .22 works ,I have both caliber but if I had to have one caliber only it would be 177 .

I've always shot .22 but got hold of a .177 R10. After a few outings I still wasn't sure but gave it a bit more time. Glad I did, I am keeping the R10 and love using it. Still got a .22 Ultra but for me the .177 has the slight edge. Horses for courses no caliber is wrong as they will both do the job. There is no straight answer to this question you can only decide for yourself. Good luck.

• Like 1

I've always ever owned .22 air rifles since the age of 13 but last month purchased my first .177

Lets just say I'm not rushing or hankering after going back to .22

Just prefer all the characteristics of .177 and when I saw the results on my first vermin I was properly impressed.

It would take something very special to tempt me back to .22

Mawders