7 Hours And £158 Later.......

The veterinary super glue is produced by 3m and is sold by vetdirect.com in the UK its called vet bond, £10 a bottle and lasts ages, prior to that place i compound called quick clot the iodine based version (powder) this is avalible from most good pet shops for around £8 hope this helps

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its not really her specialty and she thinks this is what you're on about, maybe you should take a look at the Shenzhen Fan & Pump Inverter, has a fantastic clear graphical display, operates up to

Your gonna have alot worse than a cut stopper pad if its getting plenty of graft mate. And unless your made of money or got insurance you can't be going the vets every week.   My bitch is starting t

Think that depends what you run

yeah well was mums decision really to get her to the vets but in all honesty it was quite a deep cut and i'd rather not take the risk even though i was cleaning it, so put her in the vets this morning at 9:50 and just got her back about 20mins ago, she had a couple of stitches and is a bit drowzy, should be off in 10days so slowly get her back into things once she's back to health :)

Your gonna have alot worse than a cut stopper pad if its getting plenty of graft mate. And unless your made of money or got insurance you can't be going the vets every week.

My bitch is starting to look like a patchwork quilt. Lol.

Think that depends what you run :thumbs:

Worst injury I had on a dog was chasing a poxy rabbit.

yeah well was mums decision really to get her to the vets but in all honesty it was quite a deep cut and i'd rather not take the risk even though i was cleaning it, so put her in the vets this morning at 9:50 and just got her back about 20mins ago, she had a couple of stitches and is a bit drowzy, should be off in 10days so slowly get her back into things once she's back to health :)

Your gonna have alot worse than a cut stopper pad if its getting plenty of graft mate. And unless your made of money or got insurance you can't be going the vets every week.

My bitch is starting to look like a patchwork quilt. Lol.

Think that depends what you run :thumbs:

Worst injury I had on a dog was chasing a poxy rabbit.

meant what dogs you run :laugh:

Correct me if am wrong, I've done a lot of butchering and had a deep nasty cut to my hand once, I used superglue to seal it. Could you use this on a dogs pad??? I know they use it at hospital for cuts

you can but the stuff they use is surgical super glue :thumbs:
I used to carry superglue in my med pack when in the army, might have to look up this surgical glue. I used plain old stuff on a 4 inch long 1/2inch deep on my hand and its barely scared

I can't find the surgical glue anywhere online.

Google Tissue Adhesive - its not cheap though.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=surgical+glue&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a#q=Tissue+Adhesive&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=ju1&tbo=u&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&source=univ&tbm=shop&sa=X&ei=6DUeUZfRH-aM4ATRlYFw&ved=0CJkBEK0E&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&bvm=bv.42553238,d.bGE&fp=6406dd72b3c86e3e&biw=1366&bih=649

Good luck with the dog.

By the way, I've got a problem with a side channel air pump with a 3 phase motor. Can you ask your Ma what make of inverter should I use?

:laugh: .

its not really her specialty and she thinks this is what you're on about, maybe you should take a look at the Shenzhen Fan & Pump Inverter, has a fantastic clear graphical display, operates up to -10c, has a wide viewing angle which is effective in light and dark conditions, a customisable display and multi language selection. sound ok for you? all she could think of as she's busy giving me a lift :thumbs:

Cheer's.

Maybe she should stick with the electronics and leave the dogs to more experienced chaps.

I'm just gutted that another has been wound in by the reel of the vet and your Mum aiding and abetting

That cut may heal quicker with a ickle stick, but do you really think you'll run it again this season?

Do think that when that heals it will be any stronger than if you would of let it heal by it's self? That's if you don't get problems with the stitch there.

And did you pay for it your self?

At the end of the day it doesnt bother me if i dont run her again this season because i'd rather have a healthy dog in genereal than an injured one for the remainder of this season and seasons to come, even if i never worked her again it wouldnt bother me im just happy having MY DOG, she's only 11months i've given her 2 nights lamping she's done me proud just with that.

and i did pay for it myself thank you and i'm glad i got the vet to do it professionaly as i dont have experience with treating animal injuries and wouldnt want to try it myself because the outcome probably would of been worse for the dog.

i dont see why you berate and try to pick fault someone younger than you who enjoys there dog and goes to the vets to sort an injury out? surely you should just be focused on your on dog/s and stop giving people grief about the choices they make?

If that's how you feel mate, that's fine.

I'm not giving you grief, that's just how your reading it and taking it. Your young, I understand.

You came on here asking for advise and many gave good advise. You choose to ignore it and that is your choice.

Then you came on here announcing what you've done and how much you paid. That is fair enough.

All I did and now this is a forum, was say how I felt.

If you don't like it, don't post.

If you don't like your dog getting injured and If" it wouldn't bother you if you never worked her again" why did you get a working dog?

I love my dogs as much as the next man and they do very well.

Believe me you've done a good thing but paid a price when you didn't need to and I felt the need to tell you.

Sorry.