Lake Management

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this could turn into an informative and good thread

H&J boat is top of my list! Be able to leave it down there I should think, moor it where I can see from the house.

So might this be in France and have carp in it?

Am in the process of buying a place that has a nice mature looking 2 acre lake which needs lots of graft, repairs, monk system, stocking... Loads of stuff to get my head round.

What machinery to get?

The main machinery we used was a Tele Handler and a 20t digger.Tele handlers are great, far. more versatile than a tractor, although the one we had was without a PTO.

I'd say you'll need a decent trash pump, we used a 4" honda, And at probably a decent tractor/trailer set up. Though it all depends on the terrain really. A small portable boat is handy, we used a little bic plastic thing. Light so I could throw it in the back of my van.

Hard to say much though without knowing specifics etc,

atb,

HJ

there will probably be a good build up of silt in that with the amount of trees in the area :yes:

:rolleyes: ya think!

i have a 3/4 acre lake on one of the permisions i have its surrounded on 3 side with popular trees, its 8ft deep, 1ft of water and 7ft of silt :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

there will probably be a good build up of silt in that with the amount of trees in the area :yes:

:rolleyes: ya think!

i have a 3/4 acre lake on one of the permisions i have its surrounded on 3 side with popular trees, its 8ft deep, 1ft of water and 7ft of silt :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If I dont need to fully empty, I will probably lime from a boat, how often depends on how bad the silt will be. Least of my concerns.

Lovely lake mate! Loads of character to it, can't stand featureless muddy holes like some lakes are. I reckon a flat bottomed punt would be nice for there!

Sure you know but careful with that hydrated lime, f***ing evil stuff, burnt holes in a few blokes skin where I worked, silly feckers were smothered in it lol

Is it just for yourself or are you going to make a fishery of it?

Jealous hob&jill!