The Brocock Contour Super 6 Accuracy Review With Si Pittaway & Friends.

Back on the subject of Brocock...

I note from their website they seem to have dropped making or marketing a spring rifle. That's a pity. They had a very elegant looking rifle called, I think, "Silhouette" which I saw in one of the buyer's guides a few years ago. A very slim, refined version of their "Independant", :thumbs:

The Independant was basically a BSA Meteor dressed in a very nice and elegantly defined stock. It was a very decent, smart looking little air rifle that was open to some nice touches and tuning. Not a powerhouse, but a really superior little plinker you could hunt with to reasonable ranges.

There is a need and a market for such a smart little air rifle. Brocock should think again.

Simon/pianoman

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They look an interesting little rifle. Some nice shooting as always as well!

What a good review on the contour. its a shame it only holds 6 pellets, all though you probably only need that for hunting Some nice shooting again , not bad with the gun ether

Nice review Si   I wonder if it would be possible to reg like the ultra?   ATB

Posted Images

Hello Si,

This is a great bit of shooting I shot one of these at my local RFD, and it was very good, am I right in believe same barrel as the HW use in there rifles. I shot the XL version, my only thing was the finish was slightly of par of some of the big brands. But performance wise very good gun, and suites my short and stocky build much as my old ultra did. Maybe the varmit SF might also compliment this rifle as well?

Gaz