mk 4 fen traps

Guest Ditch_Shitter
They are not Mk 4 Fenn traps, they are Mk 4 Springer traps. Which as far as I can tell are Fenn rip offs.

They're niether, mate. " Springer " traps are made, under liseance, by a former long term employee of the Fenn outfit. His traps are arguably ~ and people do argue, thus proving the point ~ every bit as good, even better than todays " Fenn " products.

What Flinty has 'discovered' there is another shit house out to make a fast buck from mugs. Those traps have no Makers stamp on the pan. Nothing on the dog. 'Watch Chain' chains. They're shiney all over. They're still shown in the bubble wrap pockets they're sent over from chinkland in. They'll fall apart in ye hands, if not very shortly after. They Are Absolute Rank Chinese Shit!

Little tip for you guys: When Ever ye think to buy a 'Fenn Trap', get it in writing ~ e mail at least ~ from the supplier that what ye paying for and will expect to recieve are genuine, british made, correctly stamped Fenn or Springer traps. Otherwise they're not even Legal for use in england. The Spring Traps Approval Orders were put in place precisely to make it illegal for people to run about setting such utter shit for creatures.

About as much f*cking good as a glass hammer.

Don't Buy Chinky Shit!

Aye, you could well be right. I am working away for a while now and do not have the traps at hand, but they could well not be be Springers either thinking about it. One thing is for certain though they are not the same quality as Fenns. I had mine in a bucket of cold tea for a couple of days, that has taken the shine off them, have to agree about the chains aswell.

Guest little_lloyd

I ordred MK 6 and a MK 4 yesterday from solway feeders. Got them this morning the MK6 was fine. but the MK4 plate would not come up and would not set of! the squirrels would be dancing on it :haha: and it had no markings on the plate unline my other springers and fenns and one of the trap bars was out of place :no::angry:

I rang up and expalined to them the problem and the chappy said hell get me another and make sure its all ok :victory:

I think ill stick with my fenns from pat pinkers local to me from now on :big_boss:

Edited by little_lloyd
Guest Ditch_Shitter

Solway Feeders? Used them once. Never again.

Lloyd; Apart from the fact that this is exactly what I've been on about ~ Make damn sure ye actually getting british made, stamped, Fenn or Springer traps ~ did not someone recently post on here that Solway offer Two prices for their " Fenn " traps? Mr Fenn must be writhing in his grave now. All that he worked and strove for, much of his life, has now come to be little more than common slang for cheap, chinky, rip off shit. And we'll soon have an entire generation screaming that " Fenn " traps are shit; Because they'll all want to grab them quick and cheap off the Bay or anywhere else that offers them for a quid or two cheaper.

Cheap traps are cheap because they're imported, chinese made crap. There are no 'Bargains' out there. Genuine Fenn and Springer traps hold their price because they've upheld their quality. Simple as that. The chinks produce shit made from our own recycled tin cans and slap a huge profit margin on it. That's how they manage to ship boatloads all across the world and still sell at such 'low' prices.

We've had the genuine article for fifty years now. No problemmo. Now all we hear is, " Oh; I bought a Fenn trap off the Bay and it's utter crap! ". F*cking sure it is. It Isn't a Fenn! How many more times?

Talk to Moley or look up John Dee Humane Traps ~ only outfit I know of, on the Bay, who will actually supply ye with Genuine Fenn made Fenn Traps.

Guest little_lloyd

Last time i ordered spmething from them was last year couple o hundred egg boxes and a few hopper springs.

Wont be buying any more traps of them :no:

My traps i by from pinkers are no problem at all and then as soon as they hit the door i head into the garage to test them and i could just tell the mk 4 was f**ked honelsty ill have to get a picture up of it compared to A NORMAL ONE

Never never again :no: Lets just hope this replacement one there sending is a bit better.

fen 4 £ 6.90 fen 6 £8.20 in kilgerms cataloge. also vat on top + post :cry: . you can haggle though on the phone.

i bought a load of duffus mole traps reacently, they quated me a price . i said get fecked :no: i can get them cheaper on the web.

they then sor the error of there ways and beet the price :yes:

Guest little_lloyd

On the Left is the solway feeders product and on the right my good old pat pinkers product.

As you can see the solway junks plate wont come up any higher and ont set of and the right trap bar is slanted :thumbdown:

What a pile of shite :angry:

post-7667-1185180452_thumb.jpg

I buy my Springers from the Game Conservancy Trust Online shop.

Because:

1) I know they are the real thing

2) It helps the GCT

3) I know they are the real thing

People need to stop penny pinching and buy quality. What is the point in trying to save a quid here or there on something that is going to last you for many many years. It just doesn't make sense.

/Mad

On the Left is the solway feeders product and on the right my good old pat pinkers product.

As you can see the solway junks plate wont come up any higher and ont set of and the right trap bar is slanted :thumbdown:

That "good old pat pinkers product" looks like its seen a lot of work, :no:

Guest little_lloyd

That "good old pat pinkers product" looks like its seen a lot of work, :no:

That one you looked at was bought two weeks ago and has been used 2wice:doh: But all my others from the same game i have used to a few years now with no problems :big_boss: