Taming A Mink

Have any of you guys ever tamed a mink? Normally I would throw it to the dog if I ever get one caught in a trap because they're a god damned menace but lately I've been thinking about taming one and using it for ferreting, or minking I suppose.

Never gunna happen mate. Many generations of mink have grown in mink farms and remained as violent as ever. They are classed as a non domesticatable animal. Just keep throwing them to the dog.

Ah well, Thanks for your answer.

If your after a mink have a ride up to Wigan / Leigh area in lancashire , on the news the other day saying there over run with the things

Atb

Matt

Was speaking to someone the other day fishing for possible ferreting permo. Turns out there over run by mink if you fancy travelling to North Devon

Stick your finger in the next cage trap you get one in and see if it looks like it could be trained. Keep trying.......come back after the "10th" time and let us know how your getting on... :thumbs:

Its not just a case of its not worth doing mate, its impossible. They have natural instinct for defense. They tried it on mink farms. The mink bred and they tried to tame the kits from an early stage. No improvement. So they tried the next set of kits. And so on until the original generation was dead. That way, only farm reared and in constant human contact mink were there and yet they were still as agressive as ever. Several tests were done and at which point they were classified as un domesticatable.

Other species (although there are a few exceptions, and others can be made harmless, like the taratula) include spiders, as said by someone else, fish, wolves, polar bears, pheasants, partridge and grouse are also in this category. This means you CAN keep them captive, but they won't willingly or knowingly let you pick them up, handle or be in close proximity.

Stick your finger in the next cage trap you get one in and see if it looks like it could be trained. Keep trying.......come back after the "10th" time and let us know how your getting on... :thumbs:

After the 10th time he will have no fingers left so he won't be able to post on here but his silence will tell us all he's failed in training one hahaha

All the best tho if you like a monster challenge

Atb

Matt

• Like 1

If your after a mink have a ride up to Wigan / Leigh area in lancashire , on the news the other day saying there over run with the things

Atb

Matt

Was speaking to someone the other day fishing for possible ferreting permo. Turns out there over run by mink if you fancy travelling to North Devon

Bit far for me that , id be leaving my ferrets at home and be bringing my dogs , supposed to give a nasty bite them things

Atb

Matt

a mate caught a juvenile female and gave it to me.... Had great fun trying to tame it, used oven gloves to handle it, when it wasnt biting it was screaming and when it wasnt screaming it was biting :laugh:

Beautiful creature but stone wild.

Come on lads get with it ! Ferreting is soooooo last season, minking is the way forward :laugh: :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh::thumbs:

Someone trap a few and we'll have a day out with them, The best man is the one that comes back with the most fingers. :D

• Like 1