What's The Best Rimfire For Rabbits And F0Xs

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok, ALL my rimfires are conditioned for Fox, but many regions will not have that, I have no idea how NI views this!   Today I would suggest a WMR with 30g V Max as the option to go for in answer to

I can't help thinking what you should really be saying is use the appropriate tool for the specific job!   .22lr   .17HMR   .22WMR     :thumbs:

The difference here is that I do use the right tool for the job, I have a .223 and a.243 and a .308, those above were shot with the right tool in the situation!   So were these!   .22lr, .... ju

Posted Images

So buy the right tool for the right job 22 for bunnies n 223 or similar for foxs?

The difference here is that I do use the right tool for the job, I have a .223 and a.243 and a .308, those above were shot with the right tool in the situation!

So were these!

post-10759-0-10348100-1359390215_thumb.jpg

.22lr, .... just over 20lb!

post-10759-0-39217800-1359390581_thumb.jpg

.22lr, ..... 20lb exactly!

I take out the tool to do the job in any given situation, I don't have to use the same rifle for every fox between 7 yards and 300 yards!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1

Ok I don't have the facilites at the moment to store or the finances to buy all these rifels will buy a .22 aswell as a cf is there a decent fox calaber for foxs up to 250 yards and a reasonanble sight and silencer? Thanks for remarks so far all been very helpfull and deker u have made ur point lol don't use a sledge to drive in a staple and don't use a claw hammer to drive in a post

Ok I don't have the facilites at the moment to store or the finances to buy all these rifels will buy a .22 aswell as a cf is there a decent fox calaber for foxs up to 250 yards and a reasonanble sight and silencer? Thanks for remarks so far all been very helpfull and deker u have made ur point lol don't use a sledge to drive in a staple and don't use a claw hammer to drive in a post

Not in rimfire as you asked

You ain't got it yet.If you want to shoot foxes, get a fox gun, ie CF

223,222,22-250 all flat firing and each has its fans.

Scope depends on what you can afford, how your going to use it. You don't need a zeiss or swaro if you are lamping. If you use NV you are ofter better off with a cheap scope. leupold 4-14? good glass and cheap about £400 secondhand. There is cheaper and there is more expensive.

Now my preference is Meopta for hunting. Very good scope, very good in low light. and good price,

You don't need a centrefire to shoot a fox on the end of your barrel, (even though some here don't feel capable), after all they are only about the same size as a medium size dog, and if you can't stop that with a 30g V-Max at 322 ft lb then you need to take up knitting not buy a centrefire! You will be in CF territory if you want long foxes, as per my post at #2. Commonly the .222, .223 and 22-250 are quoted, the .243 with a light V-Max eclipses all of them though.

Scope and mod will be down to the rifle/calibre you buy and your finances and personal preferences! :thumbs:

• Like 1

You don't need a centrefire to shoot a fox on the end of your barrel, (even though some here don't feel capable), after all they are only about the same size as a medium size dog, and if you can't stop that with a 30g V-Max at 322 ft lb then you need to take up knitting not buy a centrefire! You will be in CF territory if you want long foxes, as per my post at #2. Commonly the .222, .223 and 22-250 are quoted, the .243 with a light V-Max eclipses all of them though.

Scope and mod will be down to the rifle/calibre you buy and your finances and personal preferences! :thumbs:

So what'er you saying Delboy???

More common sense than than some that think only a cf is suitable for foxes.

Bang on chap, best gun for a fox is the 1 you have when you meet him, and I mean from .22 onwards.

I have to add I have shot a coupkle of foxes with a 40ft lb air rifle, about 40 yds, they didn;t complain either

Bang on chap, best gun for a fox is the 1 you have when you meet him, and I mean from .22 onwards.

I have to add I have shot a coupkle of foxes with a 40ft lb air rifle, about 40 yds, they didn;t complain either

As a kid I used to dispatch foxes in wires with an airsporter into the brain, did the job fine