Anyone Wash And Lube For Hunting?

Ive just got myself a bottle of LT1 pellet lube!

Ive never even inspected pellets before shooting but a mate who does bell target shooting and hunting swears by washing and lubing with this stuff !

So what says you ?

Does it imrove your accuracy/consistancy ?

Does it keep your barrel cleaner ?

ATB

Matt

In my honest opinion, yes all round! My HW77 .22 performs to its best on H&N FTT washed and lubed with a very light coat of WD40 oil. Just a film of it is all to keep from dieselling and provide an accurate and efficient pellet and keeps the barrel clean. Not tried this stuff you speak of, but, if your mate swears by it, it must be doing some good!

ATB.

Pianoman

Edited by pianoman

i washed a tin of pellets once with fairy liquid dried them and sorted out the damaged ones once as i read it in a shooting magazine and it took a fair bit of time and i didn't notice the difference ,but if your target shooting anything that helps is worth a try

I think if you buy good pellets to start with, then simply weighing them and keeping them in batches of the same weight is all it takes. Shoot all the heavy ones when ratting (not such great range to worry about the difference).

The light ones for pigeon roosting or feralsand the main,middling ones for where it really matters.

I have tried all the different permutations, ie straight from the tin, washed, washed and weighed, washed weighed and lubed. I got the best results from washed and weighed. It is near impossible to lube all pellets consistently and In my opinion this can cause power problems and accuracy problems . I also found that lube can get into the sound moderator and make it less efficient.