Rabbiting With An Ex Racer

if were showing off.......... :D

aalfie.jpg

there not lurchers and shouldnt be treated as one............they are there own hound and you can have alot of fun with the right type............. ;)

• Like 1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sorry to be so blunt pal......but if you's love him to bits,then i would not run him on the lamp......there will only be one outcome,and it won't be nice ,i think greys could go lamping no problem,but

Just get out there and give it a go,,, just make sure he's stock broke,, especially up your neck of the woods. One thing you have to bare in mind,,, is hunting both day and night is a dangerouse occu

Heres my one. With her first ever rabbit. She learned to jump fences. Lamping.

Posted Images

Many ex-racers make good hunting companions,some are just hell bent do or die merchants and it's these types that often get carried out on their shields..I've hunted several Greys over the years some when retired from racing and others just to gee them up...infact some retrieved like gun dogs straight to hand,I have trained some to jump gates,fences etc and although not mine I witnessed an ex-racer catch 26 rabbits whilst lamping one night ...she wasn't anything special on the track but was a cracking wee thing on bunnies and caught loads of hares too so until you give it a whirl you just never know?...injuries are inevitable so keep your vets number on quick dial lol...Good luck...Atb Andy

• Like 1

aalfie.jpg

there not lurchers and shouldnt be treated as one............they are there own hound and you can have alot of fun with the right type............. ;)

Light frame on that grey,,, nice dog,,,, but god awful trousers

• Like 2

always said id get 1 as a pup to run on an try, i think i been spoilt now tho by seeing good lurchers run, an 1 wouldnt compare, so id end up disapointed, bet it would be fun tho, i seen some real fast dogs run an they sure get ye attention :D

always said id get 1 as a pup to run on an try, i think i been spoilt now tho by seeing good lurchers run, an 1 wouldnt compare, so id end up disapointed, bet it would be fun tho, i seen some real fast dogs run an they sure get ye attention :D

Same here , I always fancied bringing one on from a pup .

aalfie.jpg

Light frame on that grey,,, nice dog,,,, but god awful trousers

there the trousers we wear on gardening jobs.............only £5 a pair........... :D and thanks for the comment on the mutt............ :thumbs:

i see alot of people on here saying they would like to try one from a pup, so if i was to put my dog on a good working bitch, how many would genuinely be interested in a pup???

id wanna see both parents work, more than once aswell pal, even then its not a cert id take 1, i widnae take 1 for sake of it, iv learnt my lesson, but if they impressed me its summat id seriously consider :thumbs:

• Like 1

i see alot of people on here saying they would like to try one from a pup, so if i was to put my dog on a good working bitch, how many would genuinely be interested in a pup???

id wanna see both parents work, more than once aswell pal, even then its not a cert id take 1, i widnae take 1 for sake of it, iv learnt my lesson, but if they impressed me its summat id seriously consider :thumbs:

yeah i no what your saying mate and tbh its probably something id never do here, but someone i no has a good greyhound bitch, he is intent on putting a collie on her, im trying to blag him tho lol but his bitch, his choice!!

ive learned alot about HIM but that dont mean i no alot about greyhounds........but what i do no is a litter of good ones getting spread amongst good dog lads would be interesting to see the results of............. :thumbs: