Most accurate and consistant Hollow Point pellet ?

As above really I am just curious to see what people have found to be the most accurate HP pellet ?

I know domed pellets have always been king for accuracy over distance and its what I normally use, But there are fair few different profiles of head on the HP pellets ive seen so far ! Some more domed than others.

I tryed H&N Baracuda Hunter (Domed/HP) 18.21Grn but despite apperaing to be very well made they didnt group well in my Huntsman.

But am curious about crossman hollow points, as they look fairly domed !

So whats been your findings ?

ATB

Matt

Bisley Superfield are spot on in my Taunus - 5p size groups at 40 yards.

Bisley Pest control are good for short range work - out to 30 yards they hold well, but at 35 the group has gone from 5p to 2" - those 5 yards are just too far.

Verminpell (flat headed version of Accupell, 14.3gn in .22) are as accurate as Accupell in my SLR and they were in the Scorpion too. The trouble with most hollow points is the balance is all up the shoot, because the hollow point takes the weight out of the head of the pellet, the very place you want it for stable flight - the Superfields only have a tiny dimple, that creates a cushion of air ahead of it and they stay balanced...but it is all down to whether they go in your barrel. Some people, like me, have rifles that shoot them very well (John Darling's HW80 did too - but his Rapid wasn't so good with them). Remember, accuracy is more important than anything. At air rifle velocities hollow points do not expand on soft tissue like they do at high velocity - Accupells flatten on my pellet trap, absolutely flat. A softer compound lead is worth using though - most of the popular pellets are reasonably soft. Softer pellets damage more easily when you are carrying them - so be careful with them and look after them. My pellet pouch is lined with foam from a pellet tin, to protect the pellets from banging against the leather side - it also helps quieten them from rattling.

• Like 1

I find .22 RWS Super H Points are very good and accurate to around 18 / 20 meters when ratting.

They seem to loose their accuracy in my barrels much past this range.

I mostly use RWS Super Fields though in the .22 XVI as they hit hard and are accurate to past 50 meters. I shot a woody to day at 54 meters on the laser with the XVI and the Super Fields (on camera too though the Nite Site).

Si.

It was 4 and 3/4 mildots on x 8 mag mate as the XVI is only pushing out 9.8 foot pounds in this cold weather.

It only does 10.3 FP though in the Summer, so its dropped 1/2 a foot pound in the cold.

Its still ample though for rats, feral s and rabbits as long as i place the shot correctly in the kill zone.

Even at 50 meters it still has 6.1 foot pounds with a BC of 0.0283 which is what i calibrated the RWS Super Field at.