Hard working (Rare in this country).

Can't say how you can say its rare Swamps, I know countless people in the building trade who work 6/7 day weeks when the work is there, people on 80 hour weeks in the hospitality trade, even folk in the supermarkets who work way more hours than they're contracted for each week.. To say that hard working British people are a rare breed is just plain wrong..

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While we sit back a whatch this goverment cut back on child. Benifits. Some of wich i agree on but £ 65 million leaves this country. To go to polish familys who have. Never. Set. Foot in this co

Nothing will change until we take to the streets and forcibly take our country back

my mates lads never worked 26 yr old 3 kids brand new house drives a 4 year old clio - due to stress a few yr back the dole paid for a holiday for him and his family this summer they went to spain fo

the english are just lazy and cant afford to work......then they moan about foreign people coming over working but there happy to live off the benefits of there taxes............

put it this way im in a situation at the moment where im at home looking after the mises and im better off than working .........and that says it all, really ,,,,,,,,and its totally embarrassing if im honest as ive worked all me life............but you can see why people dont and just take the piss out of everything because its too easy..........

My god you talk some shite. Have you ever employed

Yes I have.

I really get pissed off when folk slag off the e europeans. Yes there are obviously exceptions which will always be highlighted in the Mailand other racist papers but in general they are capitilising on right of any european to migrate for work.

I've had to interview people for work who normally I wouldn't let through the gates.

18yo lads who have never worked in their lives and have no intention of doing so. The only reason they have turned up is because the job centre insists they do

Comments include."I wont work weekends" (Apparently he was a season ticket holder for Liverpool) "Do I get travel expenses to get to work?" "Do you pay for lunch?"

They turn up in my yard wearing track suit bottoms and trainers, late and then insist that I sign their bit of paper to say that they've attended before they've even had the interview. One who turned up late left after waiting 10mins in the foyer because I was interviewing the other candidates.

I am as patriotic as they come, but I was running a business which had to pay my mortgage. Am I supposed to take on a bloke(or girl) purely on the basis that he's English? Of course not. I will employ the person that I believe will bring value to my company. Any employer will say the same.

The E european has to be paid the same amount as the next guy/girl. He also pays the same in tax.

I had one Lithuanian lad, who lived in rented accomodation with four othersshared one bedroom. He could hardly speak english. After 6 months he was conversing with customers on the phone because he paid for himself to go to evening classes to learn. He is now doing an HNC in mechanical engineeringagain paying for it himself al be it working for a different company now because he was poached).

I now work for a company as I got pissed off with all the red tape, beaurocracy, H&S etc. At one point I was tied up in a tribunal because one guy was off sick for so long with stress supposedly caused by me and the hours that he needed to work. Still managed to drag his ass to the race track/pub and then found out he was taxi driving aswell.

Yes there are many good, hard working British folk out there. My argument is; That in general e europeans are hard working educated efficient workers and not the scrounging work dodging layabouts that many on here purport they are.

Contraversial as it may be. It doesn't make it wrong.

Pragmatic ning

• Like 3

The money that is being paid out every week in this Country to people who are milking the system must run into millions and millions of pounds, and we all know that it is happening in every single County and Village in the UK.

SINDASOX

Governments own figures state that benefit fraud accounts for less than 3% of the benefits bill.

Surely the comment you make is more about the type of people us British are rather than a failing in the system

rgds

Swampy

• Like 1

The british worker produces more than any other european worker Why did the japs invest why is landrover the top seller. Blame the rape and pillage of are idustrie by. Thatcher and the demise of this nation on money grabbing investment bankers. Blame the lost genorations on the. Scum we voted in. Blame the demise of are socitiy on. The very same. Social climing labour mps. Brown blair and co while. Supping champayne. And hinding behind NEW FOOOKING LABOUR

Not sure about the first statement.

Landrover the best seller has nothing to do with hard work......Its the best car ever built

Wont blame Maggy. She broke the power of the corrupt unions I'm sure Arthur Scargill is donating at least 10% of his salary/pension to the miners he purported to represent.

Brown BLiar et al .......Couldn't agree more!

rgds

Swampy

Solidarity ning

• Like 1

EASTERN EUROPEANS wouldnt mind if they would do a job for the same price as us not 50% cheaper and take work away from us the new labour another form of tory scum

There is such a thing as minimum wage.

Salaries have not increased for at least two years. I currently work on a site with two east europeans and they get paid exactly the same as the rest of the lads Pay the same in tax and do the same hours.

Where has this idea that they do the work for 1/2 the price come from?

Unless they are self employedand have there own business then I can't see how employers get round it. Unless its on the black employment market in which case that is a case for the authorities.

There was a time when builders were off in Germany earning their money. Was that wrong?

I've seen aufweidersein pet ning

EASTERN EUROPEANS wouldnt mind if they would do a job for the same price as us not 50% cheaper and take work away from us the new labour another form of tory scum

There is such a thing as minimum wage.

Salaries have not increased for at least two years. I currently work on a site with two east europeans and they get paid exactly the same as the rest of the lads Pay the same in tax and do the same hours.

Where has this idea that they do the work for 1/2 the price come from?

Unless they are self employedand have there own business then I can't see how employers get round it. Unless its on the black employment market in which case that is a case for the authorities.

There was a time when builders were off in Germany earning their money. Was that wrong?

I've seen aufweidersein pet ning

when builders were in germany working do you no WHY because the torys were in power then and told us all to get on our bikes and look for work and we did and went to germany because there was no work in Britain Edited by nothernlite

I worked in Germany in the 80's. We were earning the same as the Germans, more in real time, as our rate was calculated to take in the German workers benefits (pension's etc)

This was mandatory and enforced by the German authorities, why ? Because they knew that paying migrant worker's less would drive down German wages.

The British authorities have no such compassion for their domestic workforce.

I knew when the minimum wage was brought in here, that it would be a race to the bottom.

• Like 1

I worked in Germany in the 80's. We were earning the same as the Germans, more in real time, as our rate was calculated to take in the German workers benefits (pension's etc)

This was mandatory and enforced by the German authorities, why ? Because they knew that paying migrant worker's less would drive down German wages.

The British authorities have no such compassion for their domestic workforce.

I knew when the minimum wage was brought in here, that it would be a race to the bottom.

OK So again this is more about gov't policy than people.

Time to exit the EU perhaps?

rgds

Swampy

Cosmopolitan ning

• Like 1

Sure it's government policy (but who is driving that, the banks ?) They seem to have decided that everything must be devalued by two thirds ?

People must realise that the deficit can never, ever, ever, ever (lol) be payed off, so there will be no recovery and therefore austerity is an ideology, certainly not a solution.

As Lord Acton(whoever he was) said ; 'The problem that has swept down through the ages and which must be addressed sooner or later, is the people versus the Banks'

Edited by foxfan
  • Like 1

I've ran my own business for Over 16 years , and finding the right labour gets harder and harder... We employ either on the books or sub contract around 20 people... But I always employ British labour, I have worked on huge sites around the country with every nationality under the sun, and there is no doubt the Eastern Europeans are some of the hardest working on them, they do long hours, a ground worker who was on the same site had worked every day for 8 months he was making enough to pay for his house in Poland and go back, you can't knock his work ethic to support his family........... But as it stands I employ only British, it just sits well with me, not all young British lads are lay abouts etc, they've got to have the opportunity to work or we won't get back working.....

• Like 2